Honors and Awards of Yi Ma
- Sang Uk Lee Best Student Paper Award, Asian Conference on Computer Vision, Xi'an, China 2009.
- Young Investigator Program (YIP) Award, Office of Naval Research, 2005.
- Longuet-Higgins Best Paper Award, Honorable Metion, European Conference on Computer Vision, 2004.
- Young Faculty CAREER Award, National Science Foundation, 2004.
- David Marr Best Paper Award, International Conference on Computer Vision, 1999.
- Regents Fellowship, University of California at Berkeley, 1995.
- Excellent Student Scholarship, First Prize, Tsinghua University, Beijing, 1994.
- Champion of the First Mathematical Modeling Contest, Tsinghua University, Beijing, 1994.
Plenary talk at Signal Processing with Adaptive Sparse Structured Representations (SPARS), Edinburg, June 2011.
Keynote speech at AAAI Symposium on Manifold Learning and its Applications, Arlington, VA. Nov. 11, 2010.
Plenary Speaker at Visual Communications and Image Processing (VCIP), Huangshan, China, July 2010.
Keynote Speaker at the 22th IPPR Conference on Computer Vision, Graphics, and Image Processing, Taiwan 2009.
Keynote Speaker at International Workshop on LNLA for Image Processing, Helsinki 2009.
Plenary Speaker at Picture Coding Symposium, Chicago 2009.
Incomplete List of Teachers Ranked as Excellent, University of Illinois, Spring'01, Fall'02, and Spring'06.
Senior Member of IEEE, 2006.