I did my PhD at COSIC (Computer Security and Industrial Cryptography) group at the Department of Electrical Engineering ESAT of the K.U.Leuven. During my PhD I worked as a researcher in the European PRIME project (Privacy Enhancing Identity Management for Everyone) and PrimeLife project.
I am currently collaborating with the following colleagues on privacy-friendly smart metering, zero-knowledge proofs and malleability, and formal verification of cryptographic protocols.
Please look at DBLP for my publications. The information below may be outdated but might contain nuggets that cannot otherwise be found online. Please also contact me directly if you have any questions on my most recent work.
- Craig Costello, Cedric Fournet, Jon Howell, Markulf Kohlweiss, Benjamin Kreuter, Michael Naehrig, Bryan Parno, and Samee Zahur, Geppetto: Versatile Verifiable Computation, in Proceedings of the IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy, IEEE – Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, 18 May 2015.
- George Danezis, Cedric Fournet, Markulf Kohlweiss, and Bryan Parno, Pinocchio Coin: Building Zerocoin from a Succinct Pairing-based Proof System, in Workshop on Language Support for Privacy Enhancing Technologies, ACM – Association for Computing Machinery, 4 November 2013.
- Cedric Fournet, Markulf Kohlweiss, George Danezis, and Zhengqin Luo, ZQL: A Compiler for Privacy-Preserving Data Processing, no. MSR-TR-2013-25, February 2013.
- George Danezis, Cédric Fournet, Markulf Kohlweiss, and Santiago Zanella-Béguelin, Smart Meter Aggregation via Secret-Sharing, in 2013 Smart Energy Grid Security Workshop, SEGS 2013, ACM, 2013.
- Masayuki Abe, Melissa Chase, Bernardo David, markulf kohlweiss, Ryo Nishimaki, and Miyako Ohkubo, Constant-Size Structure-Preserving Signatures: Generic Constructions and Simple Assumptions , in Asiacrypt, 2012.
- Melissa Chase, Markulf Kohlweiss, Anna Lysyanskaya, and Sarah Meiklejohn, Malleable Proof Systems and Applications, in Eurocrypt, Springer Verlag, 2012.
- Melissa Chase and Markulf Kohlweiss, A New Hash and Sign Approach and Structure-Preserving Signatures from DLIN, in Security and Cryptography for Networks (SCN), 2012.
- Klaus Kursawe, Markulf Kohlweiss, and George Danezis, Privacy-friendly Aggregation for the Smart-grid, 1 March 2011.
- George Danezis, Markulf Kohlweiss, and Alfredo Rial, Differentially Private Billing with Rebates, no. MSR-TR-2011-10, 2 February 2011.
- Cédric Fournet, Markulf Kohlweiss, and Pierre-Yves Strub, Modular code-based cryptographic verification, in ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security, ACM, 2011.
- Filipe Beato, Markulf Kohlweiss, and Karel Wouters, Scramble! Your Social Network Data, 2011.
- Melissa Chase and Markulf Kohlweiss, A Domain Transformation for Structure-Preserving Signatures on Group Elements, in IACR Cryptology ePrint Archive, vol. 2011, pp. 342, 2011.
- Jorn Lapon, Markulf Kohlweiss, Bart De Decker, and Vincent Naessens, Analysis of Revocation Strategies for Anonymous Idemix Credentials, in Communications and Multimedia Security, Springer, 2011.
- Jan Camenisch, Kristiyan Haralambiev, Markulf Kohlweiss, Jorn Lapon, and Vincent Naessens, Structure Preserving CCA Secure Encryption and Its Application to Oblivious Third Parties, in IACR Cryptology ePrint Archive, vol. 2011, pp. 319, 2011.
- Claudio A. Ardagna, Jan Camenisch, Markulf Kohlweiss, Ronald Leenes, Gregory Neven, Bart Priem, Pierangela Samarati, Dieter Sommer, and Mario Verdicchio, Exploiting Cryptography for Privacy-Enhanced Access Control: A result of the PRIME Project, in Journal of Computer Security - JCS, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 123–160, IOS Press, 2010.
- Jan Camenisch, Markulf Kohlweiss, and Claudio Soriente, Solving Revocation with Efficient Update of Anonymous Credentials, in Security and Cryptography for Networks, 7th International, Springer, 2010.
- Mira Belenkiy, Jan Camenisch, Melissa Chase, Markulf Kohlweiss, Anna Lysyanskaya, and Hovav Shacham, Randomizable Proofs and Delegatable Anonymous Credentials, in CRYPTO 2009, Springer Verlag, August 2009.
- Mira Belenkiy, Melissa Chase, Markulf Kohlweiss, and Anna Lysyanskaya, Compact E-Cash and Simulatable VRFs Revisited, in Pairing 2009, Springer Verlag, August 2009.
- Roel Peeters, Markulf Kohlweiss, Bart Preneel, and Nicky Sulmon, Threshold things that think: usable authorization for resharing, 2009.
- Alfredo Rial, Markulf Kohlweiss, and Bart Preneel, Universally Composable Adaptive Priced Oblivious Transfer, in Pairing-Based Cryptography - Pairing, Springer Verlag, 2009.
- Jan Camenisch, Markulf Kohlweiss, Alfredo Rial, and Caroline Sheedy, Blind and Anonymous Identity-Based Encryption and Authorised Private Searches on Public Key Encrypted Data, 2009.
- Mira Belenkiy, Melissa Chase, Markulf Kohlweiss, and Anna Lysyanskaya, Compact E-Cash and Simulatable VRFs Revisited, 2009.
- Jan Camenisch, Markulf Kohlweiss, and Claudio Soriente, An Accumulator Based on Bilinear Maps and Efficient Revocation for Anonymous Credentials, 2009.
- Claudia Diaz, Eleni Kosta, Hannelore Dekeyser, Markulf Kohlweiss, and Girma Nigusse, Privacy preserving electronic petitions, in Identity in the Information Society, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 14, 2009.
- Mira Belenkiy, Melissa Chase, Markulf Kohlweiss, and Anna Lysyanskaya, P-signatures and Noninteractive Anonymous Credentials, in Theory of Cryptography Conference 2008, Springer Verlag, February 2008.
- Christer Andersson, Markulf Kohlweiss, Leonardo Martucci, and Andriy Panchenko, A Self-certified and Sybil-Free Framework for Secure Digital Identity Domain Buildup, in Information Security Theory and Practices. Smart Devices, Convergence and Next Generation Networks – WISTP 2008, Seville, Spain, 2008.
- Mira Belenkiy, Jan Camenisch, Melissa Chase, Markulf Kohlweiss, Anna Lysyanskaya, and Hovav Shacham, Randomizable Proofs and Delegatable Anonymous Credentials, in CRYPTO 2009, 2008.
- Christer Andersson, Markulf Kohlweiss, Leonardo Martucci, and Andriy Panchenko, Self-certified Sybil-free Pseudonyms, in 1st ACM Conference on Wireless Network Security – WiSec 2008, Alexandria,VI,USA, 2008.
- Mira Belenkiy, Melissa Chase, Markulf Kohlweiss, and Anna Lysyanskaya, Non-Interactive Anonymous Credentials, 2007.
- Markulf Kohlweiss, Sebastian Faust, Lothar Fritsch, Bartek Gedrojc, and Bart Preneel, Efficient Oblivious Augmented Maps: Location-Based Services with a Payment Broker, 2007.
- Jan Camenisch, Susan Hohenberger, Markulf Kohlweiss, Anna Lysyanskaya, and Mira Meyerovich, How to Win the Clone Wars: Efficient Periodic n-Times Anonymous Authentication, ACM, 2006.
- Tobias Kölsch, Lothar Fritsch, Markulf Kohlweiss, and Dogan Kesdogan, Privacy for Profitable Location Based Services., in SPC 2005: 2nd International Conference on Security in Pervasive Computing, Boppard, Germany, 2005.