Jacob Lorch's Personal Information
- Ph.D. in Computer Science at UC Berkeley, 2001
- M.S. in Computer Science at UC Berkeley, 1995
- B.S. in Computer Science at Michigan State University, 1992
- B.S. in Mathematics at Michigan State University, 1992
- Games. My current favorites are Dominion, Notre Dame, Tichu, Puerto Rico, and Tigris & Euphrates.
- Puzzles. I regularly participate in Microsoft Puzzle Hunt and Puzzle Safari, and I am involved with several other puzzle events as well, including the MIT Mystery Hunt, Microsoft Intern PuzzleDay, Shinteki, and SNAP. I've helped run one Puzzle Hunt and several Intern PuzzleDays. Here are some of the puzzles I've written: Script Rewrite (Puzzle and Answer), Threading the Reel (Puzzle and Answer), and Pandemic Illiteracy (Puzzle and Answer).
Awards and Honors
- NSDI Best Paper Award, 2009
- International Achievement Summit Honor Delegate, 2002
- Siebel Scholarship, 2001
- Quest for Shortest Perl RSA Implementation Hall of Fame, 1997
- National Science Foundation Fellowship, 1992–1995
- Phi Kappa Phi Graduate Fellowship, 1992