Microsoft Research Asia, Building 2, No. 5 Danling Street, Haidian District, Beijing, P.R. China 100080
Phone: (86) 10 5917-3978
Fax: (86) 10 8809-7306
I have moved to the System Research Group at Microsoft Research Asia in May of 2008, after six wonderful years as a researcher at Microsoft Research at Silicon Valley. I joined Microsoft Research Silicon Valley after obtaining my Ph.D. from Cornell University.
My research interests are in distributed systems, storage systems, operating systems, system security, and wireless communications, with an emphasis on bridging theoretical foundations and practical systems. I an architect of Bing Search’s new index generation pipeline, which went live in November of 2009. I am serving on the editorial board of ACM Transactions on Storage and on the program committees for SOSP 2011 and OSDI 2010.
- Lidong Zhou, Building Reliable Large-Scale Distributed Systems: When Theory Meets Practice, Column 35, SIGACT News Volume 40, Number 3, September 2009:77-78
- Leslie Lamport, Dahlia Malkhi, and Lidong Zhou, Brief Announcement: Vertical Paxos and Primary-Backup Replication, in The ACM Symposium on Principles of Distributed Computing (PODC 2009), Association for Computing Machinery, Inc., August 2009
- Bingsheng He, Mao Yang, Zhenyu Guo, Rishan Chen, Wei Lin, Bing Su, Hongyi Wang, and Lidong Zhou, Wave Computing in the Cloud, in HotOS, USENIX, April 2009
- Vijayan Prabhakaran, Thomas L. Rodeheffer, Lidong Zhou, Transactional Flash, in Proceedings of the 8th USENIX Symposium on Operating Systems Design and Implementation (OSDI ’08), USENIX, Dec. 2008
- Manuel Costa, Miguel Castro, Lidong Zhou, Lintao Zhang, Marcus Peinado, Bouncer: securing software by blocking bad input, in ACM Symposium on Operating Systems Principles (SOSP), pp. 117-130, ACM, Stevenson, Washington, USA, Oct. 2007
- Lidong Zhou, Vijayan Prabhakaran, Venugopalan Ramasubramanian, Roy Levin, Chandramohan A. Thekkath, Graceful degradation via versions: specifications and implementations, in Symposium on Principles of Distributed Computing (PODC 2007), Portland, OR, Aug. 2007
- Manuel Costa, Jon Crowcroft, Miguel Castro, Antony Rowstron, Lidong Zhou, Lintao Zhang, Paul Barham, Vigilante: End-to-End Containment of Internet Worms, in ACM Symposium on Operating Systems Principles (SOSP), vol. 39, no. 5, pp. 133–147, ACM Press, Birghton, UK, Oct. 2005
- Dahlia Malkhi, Florin Oprea, Lidong Zhou, Omega Meets Paxos: Leader Election and Stability without Eventual Timely Links, in 19th Intl. Symposium on Distributed Computing (DISC 05), no. MSR-TR-2005-93, pp. 25, European Association for Theoretical Computer Science, Cracow, Poland, Sep. 2005
- Fred B. Schneider, Lidong Zhou, Implementing Trustworthy Services Using Replicated State Machines, IEEE Security & Privacy, vol. 3, no. 5, pp. 34-43, Sep. 2005
- John MacCormick, Nick Murphy, Marc Najork, Chandramohan A. Thekkath, Lidong Zhou, Boxwood: Abstractions as the Foundation for Storage Infrastructure., in Symposium on Operating System Design and Implementation (OSDI), pp. 105-120, USENIX, Dec. 2004
- Lidong Zhou, Fred B. Schneider, Robbert van Renesse, COCA: A Secure Distributed On-line Certification Authority, Transactions on Computer Systems (TOCS), vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 329-368, Association for Computing Machinery, Inc., Nov. 2002
- Lidong Zhou and Zygmunt J. Haas. Securing Ad Hoc Networks. IEEE Networks Special Issue on Network Security. November/December, 1999.
A more complete publication list can be found here.