Microsoft Research, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052
Phone: (+86) 10 5917-3978, (+1) 425 974 9166
I am now a Principal Researcher and Research Manager of the Distributed and Operating System Group in Microsoft Research Redmond. Previously, I was affiliated with the System Research Group at Microsoft Research Asia from 2008 to the fall of 2014, and with Microsoft Research at Silicon Valley from 2002 to 2008. I received my Ph.D. in computer science from Cornell University.
My research interests are in distributed systems, storage systems, operating systems, system security, and wireless communications, with an emphasis on bridging theoretical foundations and practical systems. I am serving on the editorial board of ACM Transactions on Storage and served on the program committees for NSDI 2015, Eurosys 2014, SOSP 2013/2011, OSDI 2012/2010, DISC 2009, and PODC 2006. I was the PC co-chair for the 7th Workshop on Large-Scale Distributed Systems and Middleware (LADIS), 2013; the 1st ACM SIGCOMM Asia-Pacific Workshop on Systems, ApSys 2010, New Delhi, India, August, 2010.
- Eric Boutin, Jaliya Ekanayake, Wei Lin, Bing Shi, Jingren Zhou, Zhengping Qian, Ming Wu, and Lidong Zhou, Apollo: Scalable and Coordinated Scheduling for Cloud-Scale Computing, in OSDI 2014
- Zhenyu Guo, Xuepeng Fan, Rishan Chen, Jiaxing Zhang, Hucheng Zhou, Sean McDirmid, Chang Liu, Wei Lin, Jingren Zhou, and Lidong Zhou, Spotting Code Optimizations in Data-Parallel Pipelines through PeriSCOPE, in OSDI, USENIX, 8 October 2012
- Raymond Cheng, Ji Hong, Aapo Kyrola, Youshan Miao, Xuetian Weng, Ming Wu, Fan Yang, Lidong Zhou, Feng Zhao, and Enhong Chen, Kineograph: taking the pulse of a fast-changing and connected world, ACM Eurosys, April 2012
- Huayang Guo, Ming Wu, Lidong Zhou, Gang Hu, Junfeng Yang, and Lintao Zhang, Practical software model checking via dynamic interface reduction, Symposium on Operating Systems Principles (SOSP), October 2011
- Lidong Zhou, Building Reliable Large-Scale Distributed Systems: When Theory Meets Practice, Column 35, SIGACT News Volume 40, Number 3, September 2009:77-78
- Leslie Lamport, Dahlia Malkhi, and Lidong Zhou, Brief Announcement: Vertical Paxos and Primary-Backup Replication, in The ACM Symposium on Principles of Distributed Computing (PODC 2009), Association for Computing Machinery, Inc., August 2009
- Bingsheng He, Mao Yang, Zhenyu Guo, Rishan Chen, Wei Lin, Bing Su, Hongyi Wang, and Lidong Zhou, Wave Computing in the Cloud, in HotOS, USENIX, April 2009
- Vijayan Prabhakaran, Thomas L. Rodeheffer, Lidong Zhou, Transactional Flash, in Proceedings of the 8th USENIX Symposium on Operating Systems Design and Implementation (OSDI ’08), USENIX, Dec. 2008
- Manuel Costa, Miguel Castro, Lidong Zhou, Lintao Zhang, Marcus Peinado, Bouncer: securing software by blocking bad input, in ACM Symposium on Operating Systems Principles (SOSP), pp. 117-130, ACM, Stevenson, Washington, USA, Oct. 2007
- Lidong Zhou, Vijayan Prabhakaran, Venugopalan Ramasubramanian, Roy Levin, Chandramohan A. Thekkath, Graceful degradation via versions: specifications and implementations, in Symposium on Principles of Distributed Computing (PODC 2007), Portland, OR, Aug. 2007
- Manuel Costa, Jon Crowcroft, Miguel Castro, Antony Rowstron, Lidong Zhou, Lintao Zhang, Paul Barham, Vigilante: End-to-End Containment of Internet Worms, in ACM Symposium on Operating Systems Principles (SOSP), vol. 39, no. 5, pp. 133–147, ACM Press, Birghton, UK, Oct. 2005
- Dahlia Malkhi, Florin Oprea, Lidong Zhou, Omega Meets Paxos: Leader Election and Stability without Eventual Timely Links, in 19th Intl. Symposium on Distributed Computing (DISC 05), no. MSR-TR-2005-93, pp. 25, European Association for Theoretical Computer Science, Cracow, Poland, Sep. 2005
- Fred B. Schneider, Lidong Zhou, Implementing Trustworthy Services Using Replicated State Machines, IEEE Security & Privacy, vol. 3, no. 5, pp. 34-43, Sep. 2005
- John MacCormick, Nick Murphy, Marc Najork, Chandramohan A. Thekkath, Lidong Zhou, Boxwood: Abstractions as the Foundation for Storage Infrastructure., in Symposium on Operating System Design and Implementation (OSDI), pp. 105-120, USENIX, Dec. 2004
- Lidong Zhou, Fred B. Schneider, Robbert van Renesse, COCA: A Secure Distributed On-line Certification Authority, Transactions on Computer Systems (TOCS), vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 329-368, Association for Computing Machinery, Inc., Nov. 2002
- Lidong Zhou and Zygmunt J. Haas. Securing Ad Hoc Networks. IEEE Networks Special Issue on Network Security. November/December, 1999.
A more complete publication list can be found here.