My research interests include computer architecture, more specifically emerging memory technologies, DNA storage and computing, hardware accelerators for machine learning, and system software for new architectures.
For a complete list of publications, click here.
If you are interested in DNA storage, click here.
To contact me: my_first_initial_my_last_name at name_of_this_company dot com.
- Qing Guo, Karin Strauss, Luis Ceze, and Rico Malvar, High-Density Image Storage Using Approximate Memory Cells, in ASPLOS 2016 (International Conference on Architectural Support for Programming Languages and Operating Systems) - to appear, ACM – Association for Computing Machinery, April 2016.
- James Bornholt, Randolph Lopez, Douglas M. Carmean, Luis Ceze, Georg Seelig, and Karin Strauss, A DNA-Based Archival Storage System, in ASPLOS 2016 (International Conference on Architectural Support for Programming Languages and Operating Systems) - to appear, ACM – Association for Computing Machinery, April 2016.
- Kalin Ovtcharov, Olatunji Ruwase, Joo-Young Kim, Jeremy Fowers, Karin Strauss, and Eric Chung, Toward Accelerating Deep Learning at Scale Using Specialized Logic, in Hot Chips: A Symposium on High Performance Chips, HOTCHIPS, August 2015.
- Jeremy Fowers, Kalin Ovtcharov, Karin Strauss, Eric Chung, and Greg Stitt, A High Memory Bandwidth FPGA Accelerator for Sparse Matrix-Vector Multiplication, in FCCM 2014 (International Symposium on Field-Programmable Custom Computing Machines), IEEE, May 2014.
- Karin Strauss and Doug Burger, What the Future Holds for Solid-State Memory, in IEEE Computer Magazine, IEEE Computer Society, January 2014.
- Adrian Sampson, Jacob Nelson, Karin Strauss, and Luis Ceze, Approximate Storage, in MICRO-46 (International Symposium on Microarchitecture), ACM, 9 December 2013.
- Rodolfo Azevedo, John Davis, Karin Strauss, Parikshit Gopalan, Mark Manasse, and Sergey Yekhanin, Zombie Memory: Extending Memory Lifetime by Reviving Dead Blocks, in ISCA 2013 (40th International Symposium on Computer Architecture), ACM, 27 June 2013.
- Richard Muscat, Karin Strauss, Luis Ceze, and Georg Seelig, DNA-based Molecular Architecture with Spatially Localized Components, in ISCA 2013 (40th International Symposium on Computer Architecture), ACM, 25 June 2013.
- Tiejun Gao, Karin Strauss, Stephen M Blackburn, Kathryn McKinley, Doug Burger, and James Larus, Using Managed Runtime Systems to Tolerate Holes in Wearable Memories, in PLDI 2013 (Conference on Programming Language Design and Implementation), ACM, 18 June 2013.