I am a researcher in the Computer Architecture Group at Microsoft Research (MSR). I am also an affiliate assistant professor at the Departement of Computer Science and Engineering at University of Washington.
My research interests include computer architecture, more specifically chip-multiprocessor architectures, cache coherence protocols, virtualization and partitioning of multiprocessors, dynamic compilation and optimization and system software for new architectures.
For a complete list of publications, click here.
- Oriana Riva, Chuan Qin, Karin Strauss, and Dimitrios Lymberopoulos, Progressive authentication: deciding when to authenticate on mobile phones, in 21st USENIX Security Symposium, USENIX, 8 August 2012
- Eiji Hayashi, Oriana Riva, Karin Strauss, AJ Brush, and Stuart Schechter, Goldilocks and the Two Mobile Devices: Going Beyond All-Or-Nothing Access to a Device’s Applications, in Symposium On Usable Privacy and Security, ACM, 12 July 2012
- Joseph Devietti, Benjamin P. Wood, Karin Strauss, Luis Ceze, Dan Grossman, and Shaz Qadeer, RADISH: Always-On Sound and Complete Race Detection in Software and Hardware, in Proceedings of the 39th International Symposium on Computer Architecture, IEEE, June 2012
- Dimitrios Lymberopoulos, Oriana Riva, Karin Strauss, Akshay Mittal, and Alexandros Ntoulas, PocketWeb: Instant Web Browsing for Mobile Devices, in ASPLOS 2012 (Architectural Support for Programming Languages and Operating Systems), ACM, March 2012
- Andrew Hay, Karin Strauss, Timothy Sherwood, Gabriel Loh, and Doug Burger, Preventing PCM Banks from Seizing Too Much Power, in MICRO-44 (International Symposium on Microarchitecture), ACM, December 2011
- Rodrigo Gonzalez-Alberquilla, Karin Strauss, Luis Ceze, and Luis Piñuel, Accelerating Data Race Detection with Minimal Hardware Support, in EuroPar 2011 (International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Computing), Springer, August 2011
- Emmanouil Koukoumidis, Dimitrios Lymberpoulos, Karin Strauss, Jie Liu, and Doug Burger, Pocket Cloudlets, in ASPLOS 2011 (International Conference on Architectural Support for Programming Languages and Operating Systems, ACM, March 2011
- Stuart Schechter, Gabriel Loh, Karin Strauss, and Doug Burger, Use ECP, not ECC, for Hard Failures in Resistive Memories, in ISCA 2010 (International Symposium on Computer Architecture), Association for Computing Machinery, Inc., June 2010
- Brandon Lucia, Luis Ceze, Karin Strauss, Shaz Qadeer, and Hans-J. Boehm, Conflict Exceptions: Simplifying Concurrent Language Semantics with Precise Hardware Exceptions for Data-Races, in ISCA 2010 (International Symposium on Computer Architecture), Association for Computing Machinery, Inc., June 2010