- Mobius - C# Language Bindings for Apache Spark
Mobius (formerly known as Spark-CLR) is an cross-company open source project to provide C# language bindings for Apache Spark, which is a cluster computing framework built around the core programming abstractions of Resilient Distributed Datasets (RDDs), a logical collection of data partitioned across machines, and Discretized Streams (DStreams), a temporal sequence of RDDs.
- DSoAP - Distributed Social Analytics Platform
The Distributed Social Analytics Platform (DSoAP) project is focused on the “Huge Data” problem in social policy research caused by the breadth of data involved. Using aggregate social media data to investigate and validate social issues such as employment, health and fiscal policy requires analyzing many months or years of data. DSoAP is applying intelligent compaction, pre-indexing and distribution of data across a server cluster to achieve responsive query times for online data exploration.
- Horton - Querying Large Distributed Graphs
Horton is a research project in the eXtreme Computing Group to enable querying large distributed graphs. It consists of a graph library built on top on Orleans that targets hosting large graphs in a data center. The library provides a querying interface to search the graph for matching paths.
- Orleans - Virtual Actors
Orleans is a software framework for building client + cloud applications. Orleans encourages use of simple concurrency patterns that are easy to understand and implement correctly, building on an actor-like model with declarative specification of persistence, replication, and consistency and using lightweight transactions to support the development of reliable and scalable client + cloud software.
- Manjula Peiris, James H. Hill, Jorgen Thelin, Sergey Bykov, Gabriel Kliot, and Christian Konig, PAD: Performance Anomaly Detection in Multi-Server Distributed Systems, in 7th IEEE International Conference on Cloud Computing (IEEE Cloud 2014), IEEE – Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, June 2014.
- Sergey Bykov, Gabriel Kliot, Michael Roberts, and Jorgen Thelin, Orleans Best Practices, Microsoft Research, May 2014.
- Philip A. Bernstein, Sergey Bykov, Alan Geller, Gabriel Kliot, and Jorgen Thelin, Orleans: Distributed Virtual Actors for Programmability and Scalability, no. MSR-TR-2014-41, 24 March 2014.
- Sergey Bykov, Alan Geller, Gabriel Kliot, James Larus, Ravi Pandya, and Jorgen Thelin, Orleans: Cloud Computing for Everyone, in ACM Symposium on Cloud Computing (SOCC 2011), ACM, October 2011.
- Sergey Bykov, Alan Geller, Gabriel Kliot, James Larus, Ravi Pandya, and Jorgen Thelin, Orleans: A Framework for Cloud Computing, no. MSR-TR-2010-159, 30 November 2010.
- Jorgen Thelin, Web Services Security Tutorial, April 2003.
- Jørgen Thelin, Identity, Security and XML Web Services, February 2003.
- Jørgen Thelin, A Comparison of Service-oriented, Resource-oriented, and Object-oriented Architecture Styles, February 2003.
- Jorgen Thelin and PJ Murray, Server Farms and XML Web Service, August 2002.
- J.Thelin and P.J. Murray, A Public Web Services Security Framework Based on Current and Future Usage Scenarios, in Proceedings of the International Conference on Internet Computing - IC'02, CSREA Press, June 2002.