I’m an Associate Researcher in Wireless and Networking Group of Microsoft Research Asia. I received my Bachelor and Master degree from Automation department of Tsinghua University in 2004 and 2006 respectively. From September of 2011, I started to pursue my PhD degree in CSE department of Hong Kong University of Science and Technology in a joint program between MSRA and HKUST. My supervisor in HKUST is Professor Qian Zhang.
My research interest is computer wireless system, including networking protocol, baseband techniques and radio hardware. I have been working on the Sora project for a few years, my major role in the project is firmware/hardware design and implementation.
- Kun Tan, Haichen Shen, Jiansong Zhang, and Yongguang Zhang, Enable Flexible Spectrum Access with Spectrum Virtualization, in IEEE DySpan , IEEE, October 2012
- Jiansong Zhang, Haichen Shen, Kun Tan, Ranveer Chandra, Yongguang Zhang, and Qian Zhang, Frame Retransmissions Considered Harmful: Improving Spectrum Efficiency Using Micro-ACKS, in ACM MobiCom, ACM, August 2012
- kun tan, Yong He, Haichen Shen, Jiansong Zhang, and Yongguang Zhang, Spectrum Virtualization Layer, no. MSR-TR-2011-108, 31 January 2011
- Kun Tan, He Liu, Jiansong Zhang, Yongguang Zhang, Ji Fang, and Geoffrey M. Voelker, Sora: high-performance software radio using general-purpose multi-core processors, in Communications of the ACM , ACM, January 2011
- Kun Tan, Ji Fang, Yuanyang Zhang, Shouyuan Chen, Lixin Shi, Jiansong Zhang, and Yongguang Zhang, Fine Grained Channel Access in Wireless LAN, in ACM SIGCOMM 2010, Association for Computing Machinery, Inc., August 2010
- Kun Tan, He Liu, Ji Fang, Wei Wang, Jiansong Zhang, Mi Chen, and Geoffrey M. Voelker, SAM: Enabling Practical Spatial Multiple Access in Wireless LAN, in The 15th Annual International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking (ACM Mobicom2009), Beijing, China, Association for Computing Machinery, Inc., September 2009
- Kun Tan, Jiansong Zhang, Ji Fang, He Liu, Yusheng Ye, Shen Wang, Yongguang Zhang, Haitao Wu, Wei Wang, and Geoffrey M. Voelker, Sora: High Performance Software Radio Using General Purpose Multi-core Processors, in 6th USENIX Symposium on Networked Systems Design & Implementation (NSDI) 2009 , USENIX, 2009
- Jiansong Zhang, Kun Tan, Jun Zhao, Haitao Wu, and Yongguang Zhang, A Practical SNR-Guided Rate Adaptation, in INFOCOM 08 (mini-symposium), IEEE, 2008