I have been working in the Wireless and Networking Group of Microsoft Research Asia since 2006. In 2014, I got my PhD degree from Computer Science and Engineering department of Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, where I learnt a lot from my supervisor Prof. Qian Zhang. Before joining MSRA, I received Bachelor and Master degree from the Automation department of Tsinghua University, 2004 and 2006 respectively.
My research interest is the design of communication/networking systems. I have some published work in physical/MAC layer design of WLAN systems, algorithm/hardware of Softwre Defined Radio (SDR) systems, and Visible Light based Communication (VLC) systems. Moreover, I have worked on the development and deployment of the Sora system for a few years.
I am recruiting motivated research interns who are interested in communication/networking systems. Please send your resume to me if you would like to apply: jiazhang at microsoft dot com.
- Jiansong Zhang, Jin Zhang, Kun Tan, Lin Yang, Yongguang Zhang, and Qian Zhang, Turning Waste into Wealth: Enabling Communication in Guardband Whitespace, ACM Mobihoc 2015, June 2015.
- Zeyu Wang, Zhice Yang, Jiansong Zhang, Chenyu Huang, and Qian Zhang, Wearables Can Afford: Light-weight Indoor Positioning with Visible Light (Best Paper Candidate, Best Video Presentation Award), ACM Mobisys 2015, May 2015.
- Zhice Yang, Jiansong Zhang, kun tan, Qian Zhang, and Yongguang Zhang, Enabling TDMA for Today's Wireless LANs, IEEE INFOCOM 15, April 2015.
- Jiansong Zhang and Kun Tan, Demo: Flexible Array of Inexpensive Radios, Mobicom 13, Demo Abstract, September 2013.
- Qing Yang, Xiaoxiao Li, Hongyi Yao, Ji Fang, Kun Tan, Wenjun Hu, Jiansong Zhang, and Yongguang Zhang, BigStation: Enabling Scalable Real-time Signal Processing in Large MU-MIMO Systems, in ACM SIGCOMM, ACM, August 2013.
- Kun Tan, Haichen Shen, Jiansong Zhang, and Yongguang Zhang, Enable Flexible Spectrum Access with Spectrum Virtualization, in IEEE DySpan , IEEE, October 2012.
- Jiansong Zhang, Haichen Shen, Kun Tan, Ranveer Chandra, Yongguang Zhang, and Qian Zhang, Frame Retransmissions Considered Harmful: Improving Spectrum Efficiency Using Micro-ACKS, in ACM MobiCom, ACM, August 2012.
- kun tan, Yong He, Haichen Shen, Jiansong Zhang, and Yongguang Zhang, Spectrum Virtualization Layer, no. MSR-TR-2011-108, 31 January 2011.
- Kun Tan, He Liu, Jiansong Zhang, Yongguang Zhang, Ji Fang, and Geoffrey M. Voelker, Sora: high-performance software radio using general-purpose multi-core processors, in Communications of the ACM , ACM, January 2011.
- Yong He, Ji Fang, Jiansong Zhang, Haichen Shen, Kun Tan, and Yongguang Zhang, Demo: MPAP: virtualization architecture for heterogenous wireless APs (Best Demo Award), Sigcomm 10 Demo Abstract, September 2010.
- Jiansong Zhang, Kun Tan, Sen Xiang, Qiufeng Yin, Qi Luo, Yong He, Ji Fang, and Yongguang Zhang, Demo: Experimenting software radio with the Sora platform, Sigcomm 10 Demo Abstract, September 2010.
- Kun Tan, Ji Fang, Yuanyang Zhang, Shouyuan Chen, Lixin Shi, Jiansong Zhang, and Yongguang Zhang, Fine Grained Channel Access in Wireless LAN, in ACM SIGCOMM 2010, Association for Computing Machinery, Inc., August 2010.
- Yuxiang Li, Ji Fang, Kun Tan, Jiansong Zhang, Qimei Cui, and Xiaofeng Tao, Demo: Soft-LTE: A Software Radio Implementation of 3GPP Long Term Evolution Based on Sora Platform (Best Demo Runner-up), in Mobicom 09 Demo Abstract, September 2009.
- Kun Tan, He Liu, Ji Fang, Wei Wang, Jiansong Zhang, Mi Chen, and Geoffrey M. Voelker, SAM: Enabling Practical Spatial Multiple Access in Wireless LAN, in The 15th Annual International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking (ACM Mobicom2009), Beijing, China, Association for Computing Machinery, Inc., September 2009.
- Kun Tan, Jiansong Zhang, Ji Fang, He Liu, Yusheng Ye, Shen Wang, Yongguang Zhang, Haitao Wu, Wei Wang, and Geoffrey M. Voelker, Sora: High Performance Software Radio Using General Purpose Multi-core Processors (Best Paper Award), in 6th USENIX Symposium on Networked Systems Design & Implementation (NSDI) 2009 , USENIX, April 2009.
- Kun Tan, Jiansong Zhang, Yongguang Zhang, Haitao Wu, Wei Wang, Ji Fang, He Liu, Shen Wang, and Geoffrey M. Voelker, Demo: Sora: High Performance Software Radio Using General Purpose Multi-core Processors (Best Demo Award), in NSDI 09 Demo Abstract, April 2009.
- Jiansong Zhang, Kun Tan, Jun Zhao, Haitao Wu, and Yongguang Zhang, A Practical SNR-Guided Rate Adaptation, in INFOCOM 08 (mini-symposium), IEEE, 2008.