System Algorithms Research Group
Microsoft Research Asia, Microsoft Corporation
BJW-2/12442, No. 5, Dan Ling Street
Haidian District, Beijing
phone (+86-10) 5917-5516
Jiaxing Zhang is a Researcher in the System Algorithms Research Group (SysAlgo) at Microsoft Research Asia (MSRA). Before joining SysAlgo, he was a member of System Research Group at MSRA. Before that, he worked in Bing Search Infrastructure Team at Microsoft (Beijing) and Portal Search Group at Baidu.
Jiaxing Zhang's research interests are in machine learning (deep learning), distributed systems (distributed key-value store and data-parallel computation), compressive sensing. He has a particular focus on algorithmic and mathematical approaches in all these areas. He also has rich practical experience of designing and building big distributed systems. He obtained his PhD in 2006 from Peking University in the area of Computational Quantum Physics. His research is documented in about 20 research papers in the areas including Condensed Matter Physics, Systems, Machine Learning.
- Jiaxing Zhang, Ying Yan, Liang Jeff Chen, Minjie Wang, Thomas Moscibroda, and zheng zhang, Impression Store: Compressive Sensing-based Storage for Big Data Analytics, in HotCloud 2014, USENIX – Advanced Computing Systems Association, June 2014
- Tian Xiao, Zhenyu Guo, Hucheng Zhou, Jiaxing Zhang, Xu Zhao, Chencheng Ye, Xi Wang, Wei Lin, Wenguang Chen, and Lidong Zhou, Cybertron: Pushing the Limit on I/O Reduction in Data-Parallel Programs, OOPSLA, June 2014
- Ying Yan, Jiaxing Zhang, Bojun Huang, Jiaqi Mu, Zheng Zhang, and Thomas Moscibroda, Distributed Outlier Detection using Compressive Sensing, no. MSR-TR-2014-75, May 2014
- Tian Xiao, Jiaxing Zhang, Hucheng Zhou, Zhenyu Guo, Sean McDirmid, Wei Lin, Wenguang Chen, and Lidong Zhou, Nondeterminism in MapReduce Considered Harmful? An Empirical Study on Non-commutative Aggregators in MapReduce Programs, (ICSE SEIP) Software Engineering in Practice , 13 April 2014
- Zhenyu Guo, Xuepeng Fan, Rishan Chen, Jiaxing Zhang, Hucheng Zhou, Sean McDirmid, Chang Liu, Wei Lin, Jingren Zhou, and Lidong Zhou, Spotting Code Optimizations in Data-Parallel Pipelines through PeriSCOPE, in OSDI, USENIX, 8 October 2012
- Jiaxing Zhang, Hucheng Zhou, Rishan Chen, Xuepeng Fan, Zhenyu Guo, Haoxiang Lin, Jack Y.Li, Wei Lin, Jingren Zhou, and Lidong Zhou, Optimizing Data Shuffling in Data-Parallel Computation by Understanding User-Defined Functions, in NSDI, USENIX, 25 April 2012
- Jiaxing Zhang, Hucheng Zhou, Rishan Chen, Xuepeng Fan, Zhenyu Guo, Haoxiang Lin, Jack Y. Li, Wei Lin, Jingren Zhou, and Lidong Zhou, Optimizing Data Shuffling in Data-Parallel Computation by Understanding User-Defined Functions, no. MSR-TR-2012-28, April 2012