Silicon Valley Lab
I joined Microsoft Research in 2007, initially working on the Dryad and DryadLINQ cluster computing projects. My current focus is systems support for GPU-accelerated computation.
Prior to joining Microsoft, I was at Apple Inc., where I led the team that built the audio and video processing pipelines for the iTunes Store. Previously I worked for Oracle, Nortel and two startups, always specializing in high-performance distributed systems infrastructure. I was Nortel’s technical representative to the Object Management Group (OMG), where I was the editor of the Real-Time CORBA specification and co-authored CORBA specifications on fault tolerance, embedded systems and wireless networking.
I hold a B.A. (Hons), M.A. (Cantab) in Philosophy from the University of Cambridge.
- Dong Yu, Adam Eversole, Mike Seltzer, Kaisheng Yao, Zhiheng Huang, Brian Guenter, Oleksii Kuchaiev, Yu Zhang, Frank Seide, Huaming Wang, Jasha Droppo, Geoffrey Zweig, Chris Rossbach, Jon Currey, Jie Gao, Avner May, Baolin Peng, Andreas Stolcke, and Malcolm Slaney, An Introduction to Computational Networks and the Computational Network Toolkit, no. MSR-TR-2014-112, August 2014
- Christopher J. Rossbach, Yuan Yu, Jon Currey, Jean-Philippe Martin, and Dennis Fetterly, Dandelion: a Compiler and Runtime for Heterogeneous Systems, SOSP'13: The 24th ACM Symposium on Operating Systems Principles, 3 November 2013
- Jon Currey, Simon Baker, and Christopher J. Rossbach, Supporting Iteration in a Heterogeneous Dataflow Engine, in SFMA 2013, The 3rd Workshop on Systems for Future Multicore Architectures, 14 April 2013
- Christopher J. Rossbach, Jon Currey, Mark Silberstein, Baishakhi Ray, and Emmett Witchel, PTask: Operating System Abstractions To Manage GPUs as Compute Devices, Symposium on Operating Systems Principles (SOSP), 23 October 2011
- Christopher J. Rossbach, Jon Currey, and Emmett Witchel, Operating Systems must support GPU abstractions, in The 13th Workshop on Hot Topics in Operating Systems (HotOS), ACM, 8 May 2011
- Yuan Yu, Michael Isard, Dennis Fetterly, Mihai Budiu, Ulfar Erlingsson, Pradeep Kumar Gunda, Jon Currey, Frank McSherry, and Kannan Achan, Some sample programs written in DryadLINQ, no. MSR-TR-2009-182, December 2009
- Michael Isard, Vijayan Prabhakaran, Jon Currey, Udi Wieder, Kunal Talwar, and Andrew Goldberg, Quincy: Fair Scheduling for Distributed Computing Clusters, in Proceedings of 22nd ACM Symposium on Operating Systems Principles, Association for Computing Machinery, Inc., 11 October 2009
- Yuan Yu, Michael Isard, Dennis Fetterly, Mihai Budiu, Úlfar Erlingsson, Pradeep Kumar Gunda, and Jon Currey, DryadLINQ: A System for General-Purpose Distributed Data-Parallel Computing Using a High-Level Language, in OSDI'08: Eighth Symposium on Operating System Design and Implementation, USENIX, December 2008