Silicon Valley Lab
I joined Microsoft Research in 2007, initially working on the Dryad and DryadLINQ cluster computing projects. My current focus is systems support for GPU-accelerated computation.
Prior to joining Microsoft, I was at Apple Inc., where I led the team that built the audio and video processing pipelines for the iTunes Store. Previously I worked for Oracle, Nortel and two startups, always specializing in high-performance distributed systems infrastructure. I was Nortel’s technical representative to the Object Management Group (OMG), where I was the editor of the Real-Time CORBA specification and co-authored CORBA specifications on fault tolerance, embedded systems and wireless networking.
I hold a B.A. (Hons), M.A. (Cantab) in Philosophy from the University of Cambridge.
- Christopher J. Rossbach, Yuan Yu, Jon Currey, Jean-Philippe Martin, and Dennis Fetterly, Dandelion: a Compiler and Runtime for Heterogeneous Systems, SOSP'13: The 24th ACM Symposium on Operating Systems Principles, 3 November 2013
- Jon Currey, Simon Baker, and Christopher J. Rossbach, Supporting Iteration in a Heterogeneous Dataflow Engine, in SFMA 2013, The 3rd Workshop on Systems for Future Multicore Architectures, 14 April 2013
- Christopher J. Rossbach, Jon Currey, Mark Silberstein, Baishakhi Ray, and Emmett Witchel, PTask: Operating System Abstractions To Manage GPUs as Compute Devices, Symposium on Operating Systems Principles (SOSP), 23 October 2011
- Christopher J. Rossbach, Jon Currey, and Emmett Witchel, Operating Systems must support GPU abstractions, in The 13th Workshop on Hot Topics in Operating Systems (HotOS), ACM, 8 May 2011
- Yuan Yu, Michael Isard, Dennis Fetterly, Mihai Budiu, Ulfar Erlingsson, Pradeep Kumar Gunda, Jon Currey, Frank McSherry, and Kannan Achan, Some sample programs written in DryadLINQ, no. MSR-TR-2009-182, December 2009
- Michael Isard, Vijayan Prabhakaran, Jon Currey, Udi Wieder, Kunal Talwar, and Andrew Goldberg, Quincy: Fair Scheduling for Distributed Computing Clusters, in Proceedings of 22nd ACM Symposium on Operating Systems Principles, Association for Computing Machinery, Inc., 11 October 2009
- Yuan Yu, Michael Isard, Dennis Fetterly, Mihai Budiu, Úlfar Erlingsson, Pradeep Kumar Gunda, and Jon Currey, DryadLINQ: A System for General-Purpose Distributed Data-Parallel Computing Using a High-Level Language, in OSDI'08: Eighth Symposium on Operating System Design and Implementation, USENIX, December 2008