I am a member of the Machine Learning group at MSR Redmond, but as a research developer, I work on any number of projects that come my way. At the moment, I am working on high-performance data processing and iterative development techniques.
As a post-doctoral researcher at MSR, I was a member of the Database group at Microsoft Research. With Phil Bernstein, I work on the Model Management project. Model Management identifies commonalities between metadata-related data management scenarios like data integration and application evolution, and encapsulates them as discrete operators, such as schema matching, schema difference, and mapping composition. We then study both generic and specific solutions for these operators.
I received my Ph.D. in Computer Science from Portland State University, working with Lois Delcambre. My dissertation research focus was on developing novel query interfaces for business applications, and query transformation, update transformation, and schema evolution in the presence of mapping languages.
- Badrish Chandramouli, Jonathan Goldstein, Mike Barnett, Robert DeLine, Danyel Fisher, John C. Platt, James F. Terwilliger, and John Wernsing, Trill: A High-Performance Incremental Query Processor for Diverse Analytics, VLDB – Very Large Data Bases, August 2015.
- Danyel Fisher, Badrish Chandramouli, Robert DeLine, Jonathan Goldstein, Andrei Aron, Mike Barnett, John C. Platt, James F. Terwilliger, John Wernsing, danyelf badrishc, and rdeline jongold, Tempe: An Interactive Data Science Environment for Exploration of Temporal and Streaming Data, no. MSR-TR-2014-148, November 2014.
- Badrish Chandramouli, Jonathan Goldstein, Mike Barnett, Robert DeLine, Danyel Fisher, John C. Platt, James F. Terwilliger, and John Wernsing, The Trill Incremental Analytics Engine, no. MSR-TR-2014-54, April 2014.
- Soichiro Hidaka and James F. Terwilliger, Preface to the Third International Workshop on Bidirectional Transformations, in EDBT/ICDT Workshops, March 2014.
- Michael Johnson, Jorge Pérez, and James F. Terwilliger, What Can Programming Languages Say About Data Exchange?, in EDBT, March 2014.
- Philip A. Bernstein, Marie Jacob, Jorge Perez, Guillem Rull, and James F. Terwilliger, Incremental Mapping Compilation in an Object-to-Relational Mapping System (Extended Version), no. MSR-TR-2013-45, 25 June 2013.
- Guillem Rull, Philip A. Bernstein, Ivo Garcia dos Santos, Yannis Katsis, Sergey Melnik, James F. Terwilliger, and Ernest Teniente, Query containment in Entity SQL (Extended Abstract), in Proceedings of the 2013 ACM SIGMOD International Conference on Management of Data , ACM SIGMOD, 22 June 2013.
- Philip A. Bernstein, Marie Jacob, Jorge Perez, Guillem Rull, and James F. Terwilliger, Incremental mapping compilation in an object-to-relational mapping system, in Proceedings of the 2013 ACM SIGMOD International Conference on Management of Data , ACM SIGMOD, 22 June 2013.
- Perdita Stevens and James F. Terwilliger, Preface, in ECEASST, vol. 57, March 2013.
- James F. Terwilliger, Anthony Cleve, and Carlo Curino, How Clean Is Your Sandbox? - Towards a Unified Theoretical Framework for Incremental Bidirectional Transformations, in ICMT, June 2012.