My current focus is on developing resource management frameworks for large datacenters. I am also interested in the economics of cloud computing.
I worked in the past on machine learning algorithms (specifically, reinforcement learning), and also on game theoreric models of communication networks (Diffserv, wireless MAC, cognitive radios, etc, see this mongraph for a summary). My publications can be found here.
I’ve had the privilege to work with excellent students:
- Virajith jalaparti (UIUC): Speeding up Distributed Request-Response Workflows
- Mikhail Rybalkin (Steklov Mathematical Institute): Speeding up Distributed Request-Response Workflows
- Jonathan Yaniv (Technion)
- Spandana Raj B (Undergrad from IIT Madras)
e-mail: [first_name] at microsoft.com
- Virajith Jalaparti, Peter Bodik, Srikanth Kandula, Ishai Menache, Mikhail Rybalkin, and Chenyu Yan, Speeding up Distributed Request-Response Workflows , ACM SIGCOMM, August 2013
- Brendan Lucier, Ishai Menache, Joseph Naor, and Jonathan Yaniv, Efficient Online Scheduling for Deadline-Sensitive Batch Computing, in SPAA, July 2013
- Gautam Kumar, Srikanth Kandula, Peter Bodik, and Ishai Menache, Virtualizing Traffic Shapers for Practical Resource Allocation, HotCloud, June 2013
- Peter Bodik, Ishai Menache, Mosharaf Chowdhury, Pradeepkumar Mani, David A. Maltz, and Ion Stoica, Surviving Failures in Bandwidth-Constrained Datacenters, ACM SIGCOMM, August 2012
- Navendu Jain, Ishai Menache, Joseph Naor, and F. Bruce Shepherd, Topology-Aware VM Migration in Bandwidth Oversubscribed Datacenter Networks, in ICALP (full version of the conference paper), May 2012
- Navendu Jain, Ishai Menache, Seffi Naor, and Jonathan Yaniv, Near-Optimal Scheduling Mechanisms for Deadline-Sensitive Jobs, in SPAA, 2012