I joined System Research Group at Microsoft Research Aisa after obtaining my Ph.D from Tsinghua University at June, 2011.
My research interests are in design, development, analysis, optimization, diagnosis and debugging of distributed system, especially of distrubuted data-parallel computing infrastructure. Before joining MSRA, my research area includes compiler development and optimization, as an active developer both in Open64, Pathscale, and Gcc open-source community.
I have two years internship experience in Google Mountain View office, where I have developed a series of compiler optimizations both for data-center applications and Android system, both for execution speed and code size.
- Sihan Li, Hucheng Zhou, Haoxiang Lin, Tian Xiao, Haibo Lin, Wei Lin, and Tao Xie, A Characteristic Study on Failures of Production Distributed Data-Parallel Programs, in Proceedings of the 35th International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE 2013), Software Engineering in Practice (SEIP). IEEE Software award for best SEIP paper, ACM/IEEE, 22 May 2013
- Zhenyu Guo, Xuepeng Fan, Rishan Chen, Jiaxing Zhang, Hucheng Zhou, Sean McDirmid, Chang Liu, Wei Lin, Jingren Zhou, and Lidong Zhou, Spotting Code Optimizations in Data-Parallel Pipelines through PeriSCOPE, in OSDI, USENIX, 8 October 2012
- Cheng Zhang, Longwen Lu, Hucheng Zhou, Jianjun Zhao, and Zheng Zhang, MoonBox: Debugging with Online Slicing and Dryrun, APSys, 23 July 2012
- Jiaxing Zhang, Hucheng Zhou, Rishan Chen, Xuepeng Fan, Zhenyu Guo, Haoxiang Lin, Jack Y.Li, Wei Lin, Jingren Zhou, and Lidong Zhou, Optimizing Data Shuffling in Data-Parallel Computation by Understanding User-Defined Functions, in Proceedings of the 9th Symposium on Networked Systems Design and Implementation (NSDI '12), USENIX, 25 April 2012
- Jiaxing Zhang, Hucheng Zhou, Rishan Chen, Xuepeng Fan, Zhenyu Guo, Haoxiang Lin, Jack Y. Li, Wei Lin, Jingren Zhou, and Lidong Zhou, Optimizing Data Shuffling in Data-Parallel Computation by Understanding User-Defined Functions, no. MSR-TR-2012-28, April 2012
- Hucheng Zhou, Wenguang Chen, and Fred C. Chow, An SSA-based algorithm for optimal speculative code motion under an execution profile, PLDI, 4 June 2011
- Shih-wei Liao, Tzu-Han Hung, Donald Nguyen, Chinyen Chou, Chiaheng Tu, and Hucheng Zhou, Machine learning-based prefetch optimization for data center applications, SC, 14 November 2009
- Shih-wei Liao, Tzu-Han Hung, Donald Nguyen, Hucheng Zhou, Chinyen Chou, and Chiaheng Tu, Prefetch Optimizations on Large-Scale Applications via Parameter Value Prediction, ICS, 8 June 2009