Hi, I am a researcher in the Natural Language Processing group since August, 2011. My long-term passion is in machine reading, which aims to automate language understanding and knowledge extraction at the web scale. This is a key agenda toward the exciting prospect of machine science for automating scientific discovery processes, and can have significant impact on search and many other applications. My current research focuses on developing algorithms to address the challenges in machine learning and natural language processing, and applying them to extract knowledge from biomedical literature.
- Kristina Toutanova, Danqi Chen, Patrick Pantel, Hoifung Poon, Pallavi Choudhury, and Michael Gamon, Representing Text for Joint Embedding of Text and Knowledge Bases, ACL – Association for Computational Linguistics, 17 September 2015.
- Kristina Toutanova, Waleed Ammar, Pallavi Chourdhury, and Hoifung Poon, Model Selection for Type-Supervised Learning with application to POS Tagging, in The SIGNLL Conference on Computational Natural Language Learning, ACL – Association for Computational Linguistics, 30 July 2015.
- Ankur P. Parikh, Hoifung Poon, and Kristina Toutanova, Grounded Semantic Parsing for Complex Knowledge Extraction, ACL – Association for Computational Linguistics, 1 June 2015.
- Hoifung Poon, Kristina Toutanova, and Chris Quirk, Distant Supervision for Cancer Pathway Extraction from Text, 4 January 2015.
- Jackie C.K. Cheung, Hoifung Poon, and Lucy Vanderwende, Probabilistic Frame Induction, in Proceedings of NAACL-HLT 2013, Association for Computational Linguistics, 2013.
- C. Lippert, J. Listgarten, R.I. Davidson, J. Baxter, H. Poon, C. Kadie, and D. Heckerman, An Exhaustive Epistatic SNP Association Analysis on Expanded Wellcome Trust Data, in Scientific Reports, vol. 3, Nature Publishing Group, 2013.
- Hoifung Poon and Lucy Vanderwende, Joint Inference for Knowledge Extraction from Biomedical Literature, in Proceedings of NAACL-HLT 2010, Association for Computational Linguistics, 2010.