POST DOC RESEARCHER
- Audio augmented reality and mobile computing
- Analysis and synthesis of spatial sound
- Acoustical tracking
- Acoustic perception and psychoacoustics
- PhD in Media Technology, 2014, Department of Media Technology, School of Science, Aalto University, Finland. Thesis, "Enabling technologies for audio augmented reality systems."
- Diploma Engineer in Electrical Engineering / Sound Engineering, 2010, University of Technology and University of Music and Performing Arts, Graz, Austria. Thesis, "Audio augmented reality in telecommunication."
Research and Employment History
- Postdoctoral Researcher, Microsoft Research, Redmond, USA, 2014-present.
- Research Assistant, Virtual Acoustics Group, Aalto University, Finland, 2009-2013.
- Visiting Scholar, Human Interface Technology Laboratory, Christchurch, New Zealand, 2012.
- Research Intern, Nokia Research Center, Helsinki, Finland, 2008.
- V. Välimäki, A. Franck, J. Rämö, Hannes Gamper, and L. Savioja, Assisted Listening Using a Headset, in IEEE Signal Processing Magazine, IEEE – Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, March 2015
- H. Gamper, Enabling technologies for audio augmented reality systems, Aalto University, Finland, May 2014
- H. Gamper, Head-related transfer function interpolation in azimuth, elevation, and distance, in Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, vol. 134, no. 6, pp. EL547-554, Acoustical Society of America, December 2013
- H. Gamper, C. Dicke, M. Billinghurst, and K. Puolamäki, Sound sample detection and numerosity estimation using auditory display, in ACM Transactions on Applied Perception, vol. 10, pp. 1–18, February 2013
- R. W. Lindeman, G. Lee, L. Beattie, H. Gamper, R. Pathinarupothi, and A. Akhilesh, GeoBoids: A Mobile AR Application for Exergaming, in Proc. Int. Symp. Mixed and Augmented Reality (ISMAR), November 2012
- H. Gamper, S. Tervo, and T. Lokki, Speaker tracking for teleconferencing via binaural headset microphones, in Proceedings of the International Workshop on Acoustic Signal Enhancement (IWAENC), Aachen, Germany, September 2012
- H. Gamper, S. Tervo, and T. Lokki, Head orientation tracking using binaural headset microphones, in Proceedings of the Audio Engineering Society Convention, New York, NY, USA, October 2011
- H. Zhang, E. Augilius, T. Honkela, J. Laaksonen, H. Gamper, and H. Alene, Analyzing Emotional Semantics of Abstract Art using Low- Level Image Features, in Proc. Int. Symp. Intelligent Data Analysis (IDA), Springer, Porto, Portugal, October 2011
- H. Gamper, J. Parker, and V. Välimäki, Automated calibration of a parametric spring reverb model, in Proceedings of the 14th International Conference on Digital Audio Effects (DAFx), IRCAM, Paris, France, September 2011
- H. Gamper and T. Lokki, Spatialisation in audio augmented reality using finger snaps, in Principles and Applications of Spatial Hearing, pp. 383–392, World Scientific Publishing, Singapore, 2011
|<first>[dot]<last> [at] Microsoft [dot] com|
|Snail mail:||Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond WA, 98052-6399, USA|