Interests and Background
I am a researcher in the Conversational Systems Research Center (CSRC) at Microsoft Research. My interests include modeling spontaneous conversation, automatic modeling of prosody for spoken language understanding, higher-level features for speaker recognition and speaker characterization, emotion recognition, dialog modeling, and modeling speech disfluencies.
A brief bio is here.
Prior to 2011, I worked in the Speech Technology and Research Laboratory at SRI International, leading government-funded research projects in speaker recognition, speech in multiparty meetings, emotion for dialog systems, automatic punctuation, disfluencies, and dialog modeling.
I am also an External Fellow at the International Computer Science Institute (ICSI) in Berkeley, currently co-leading a collaboration between Microsoft and ICSI on Conversational Understanding.
- Heeyoung Lee, Andreas Stolcke, and Elizabeth Shriberg, Using Out-of-Domain Data for Lexical Addressee Detection in Human-Human-Computer Dialog, in Proceedings NAACL, Association for Computational Linguistics, June 2013
- Elizabeth Shriberg, Andreas Stolcke, Dilek Hakkani-Tür, and Larry Heck, Learning When to Listen: Detecting System-Addressed Speech in Human-Human-Computer Dialog, in Proceedings of Interspeech, International Speech Communication Association, September 2012
- Andreas Stolcke, Arindam Mandal, and Elizabeth Shriberg, Speaker recognition with region-constrained MLLR transforms, in Proceedings of IEEE ICASSP, IEEE SPS, March 2012
- Kornel Laskowski and Elizabeth Shriberg, Corpus-Independent History Compression for Stochastic Turn-Taking Models, IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (ICASSP), 2012
- Dilek Hakkani-Tur, Gokhan Tur, Larry Heck, and Elizabeth Shriberg, Bootstrapping Domain Detection Using Query Click Logs for New Domains, August 2011
- Marcel Kockmann, Luciana Ferrer, Lukas Burget, Elizabeth Shriberg, and Jan Cernocky, Recent Progress in Prosodic Speaker Verification, IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (ICASSP), 2011
US Mail: Microsoft, 1065 La Avenida, Mountain View, CA 94043
Phone: (650) 693-0820 | (510) 666-2918