My interests are primarily in software security, cryptography, and electronic privacy. More recently I have started exploring mobile devices and cloud security.
I work in the Security and Privacy group let by Helen Wang. I also work with Patrice Godefroid, Ella Bounimova, and Michael Levin on the Scalable Automated Guided Execution (SAGE) project. Before MSR, I spent several years at Berkeley, where I finished a PhD with David Wagner.
- John Vilk, David Molnar, Eyal Ofek, Chris Rossbach, Benjamin Livshits, Alexander Moshchuk, Helen J. Wang, and Ran Gal, SurroundWeb: Least Privilege for Immersive ``Web Rooms", no. MSR-TR-2014-25, February 2014
- Loris D'Antoni, Margus Veanes, Benjamin Livshits, and David Molnar, FAST: A Transducer-Based Language for Tree Manipulation, no. MSR-TR-2013-121, November 2013
- Christopher Smowton, Jacob R. Lorch, David Molnar, Stefan Saroiu, and Alec Wolman, Seamless Customer Identification, no. MSR-TR-2013-31, 14 March 2013
- Suman Jana, Benjamin Livshits, David Molnar, Alexander Moshchuk, Eyal Ofek, and Helen J. Wang, Fine Grained Permissions for Augmented Reality Applications, no. MSR-TR-2013-11, February 2013
- Loris D'Antoni, Alan Dunn, Suman Jana, Tadayoshi Kohno, Benjamin Livshits, David Molnar, Alexander Moshchuk, Eyal Ofek, Franziska Roesner, Scott Saponas, Margus Veanes, and Helen J Wang, Operating System Support for Augmented Reality Applications, no. MSR-TR-2013-12, January 2013
- Margus Veanes, David Molnar, Todd Mytkowicz, and Benjamin Livshits, Data-Parallel String-Manipulating Programs, no. MSR-TR-2012-72, July 2012
- Ella Bounimova, Patrice Godefroid, and David Molnar, Billions and Billions of Constraints: Whitebox Fuzz Testing in Production, no. MSR-TR-2012-55, May 2012
- Margus Veanes, Pieter Hooimeijer, Benjamin Livshits, David Molnar, and Nikolaj Bjorner, Symbolic Finite State Transducers: Algorithms and Applications, in POPL’12, ACM SIGPLAN, January 2012
- Margus Veanes, David Molnar, Benjamin Livshits, and Lubomir Litchev, Generating Fast String Manipulating Code Through Transducer Exploration and SIMD Integration, no. MSR-TR-2011-124, November 2011
- Pieter Hooimeijer, Benjamin Livshits, David Molnar, Prateek Saxena, and Margus Veanes, Fast and Precise Sanitizer Analysis with BEK, in USENIX Security'11, August 2011
I've been honored to serve on these program committees. For conferences and workshops coming up, please consider sending us your work for review!
- IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy 2012
- Financial Cryptography 2012
- Network Distributed Security Symposium 2012