My interests are primarily in software security, cryptography, and electronic privacy. More recently I have started exploring mobile devices and cloud security.
I work in the Security and Privacy group let by Helen Wang. I also work with Patrice Godefroid, Ella Bounimova, and Michael Levin on the Scalable Automated Guided Execution (SAGE) project. Before MSR, I spent several years at Berkeley, where I finished a PhD with David Wagner.
- Irene Rae, Gina Venolia, John C. Tang, and David Molnar, A Framework for Understanding and Designing Telepresence, in Proc. CSCW 2015, ACM – Association for Computing Machinery, 14 March 2015.
- Tadayoshi Kohno, Joel Kollin, David Molnar, and Franziska Roesner, Display Leakage and Transparent Wearable Displays: Investigation of Risk, Root Causes, and Defenses, no. MSR-TR-2015-18, February 2015.
- Margus Veanes, Todd Mytkowicz, David Molnar, and Benjamin Livshits, Data-Parallel String-Manipulating Programs, in POPL 2015: 42nd ACM SIGPLAN-SIGACT Symposium on Principles of Programming Languages, ACM – Association for Computing Machinery, January 2015.
- Robert A Cochran, Loris D’Antoni, Benjamin Livshits, David Molnar, and Margus Veanes, Program Boosting: Program Synthesis via Crowd-Sourcing, in POPL 2015: 42nd ACM SIGPLAN-SIGACT Symposium on Principles of Programming Languages, ACM – Association for Computing Machinery, January 2015.
- Lucas Silva Figueiredo, Benjamin Livshits, David Molnar, and Margus Veanes, PrePose: Security and Privacy for Gesture-Based Programming, no. MSR-TR-2014-146, 14 November 2014.
- John Vilk, David Molnar, Eyal Ofek, Chris Rossbach, Benjamin Livshits, Alexander Moshchuk, Helen J. Wang, and Ran Gal, SurroundWeb : Mitigating Privacy Concerns in a 3D Web Browser, no. MSR-TR-2014-147, November 2014.
- Christopher Smowton, Jacob R. Lorch, David Molnar, Stefan Saroiu, and Alec Wolman, Zero-Effort Payments: Design, Deployment, and Lessons, in Proceedings of the ACM International Joint Conference on Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing (UbiComp), September 2014.
- Loris D'Antoni, Margus Veanes, Benjamin Livshits, and David Molnar, Fast: a Transducer-Based Language for Tree Manipulation, in PLDI 2014: Programming Language Design and Implementation, ACM, June 2014.
- Franziska Roesner, David Molnar, Alexander Moshchuk, Tadayoshi Kohno, and Helen J. Wang, World-Driven Access Control for Continuous Sensing , no. MSR-TR-2014-67, 19 May 2014.
- John Vilk, David Molnar, Eyal Ofek, Chris Rossbach, Benjamin Livshits, Alexander Moshchuk, Helen J. Wang, and Ran Gal, SurroundWeb: Least Privilege for Immersive ``Web Rooms", no. MSR-TR-2014-25, February 2014.
I've been honored to serve on these program committees. For conferences and workshops coming up, please consider sending us your work for review!
- IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy 2012
- Financial Cryptography 2012
- Network Distributed Security Symposium 2012