My interests are primarily in software security, cryptography, and electronic privacy. More recently I have started exploring mobile devices and cloud security.
I work in the Security and Privacy group let by Helen Wang. I also work with Patrice Godefroid, Ella Bounimova, and Michael Levin on the Scalable Automated Guided Execution (SAGE) project. Before MSR, I spent several years at Berkeley, where I finished a PhD with David Wagner.
- Christopher Smowton, Jacob R. Lorch, David Molnar, Stefan Saroiu, and Alec Wolman, Seamless Customer Identification, no. MSR-TR-2013-31, 14 March 2013
- Suman Jana, Benjamin Livshits, David Molnar, Alexander Moshchuk, Eyal Ofek, and Helen J. Wang, Fine Grained Permissions for Augmented Reality Applications, no. MSR-TR-2013-11, February 2013
- Loris D'Antoni, Alan Dunn, Suman Jana, Tadayoshi Kohno, Benjamin Livshits, David Molnar, Alexander Moshchuk, Eyal Ofek, Franziska Roesner, Scott Saponas, Margus Veanes, and Helen J Wang, Operating System Support for Augmented Reality Applications, no. MSR-TR-2013-12, January 2013
- Loris D'Antoni, Margus Veanes, Benjamin Livshits, and David Molnar, FAST: A Transducer-Based Language for Tree Manipulation, no. MSR-TR-2012-123, November 2012
- Margus Veanes, David Molnar, Todd Mytkowicz, and Benjamin Livshits, Data-Parallel String-Manipulating Programs, no. MSR-TR-2012-72, July 2012
- Ella Bounimova, Patrice Godefroid, and David Molnar, Billions and Billions of Constraints: Whitebox Fuzz Testing in Production, no. MSR-TR-2012-55, May 2012
- Margus Veanes, Pieter Hooimeijer, Benjamin Livshits, David Molnar, and Nikolaj Bjorner, Symbolic Finite State Transducers: Algorithms and Applications, in POPL’12, ACM SIGPLAN, January 2012
- Margus Veanes, David Molnar, Benjamin Livshits, and Lubomir Litchev, Generating Fast String Manipulating Code Through Transducer Exploration and SIMD Integration, no. MSR-TR-2011-124, November 2011
- Pieter Hooimeijer, Benjamin Livshits, David Molnar, Prateek Saxena, and Margus Veanes, Fast and Precise Sanitizer Analysis with BEK, in USENIX Security'11, August 2011
- nikolaj bjorner, pieter hooimeijer, benjamin livshits, david molnar, and margus veanes, Symbolic Finite State Transducers: Algorithms and Applications, no. MSR-TR-2011-85, 14 July 2011
I've been honored to serve on these program committees. For conferences and workshops coming up, please consider sending us your work for review!
- IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy 2012
- Financial Cryptography 2012
- Network Distributed Security Symposium 2012