I work as a Research Software Engineer in the Context, Learning, and User Experience for Search group. My daily work involves very large scale data mining and prototyping new search and information management applications.
Released the Kinected Browser toolkit for authoring Kinect-enabled Web pages.
Twahpic is a fun way to visualize topics on Twitter.
- Jaime Teevan, Dan Liebling, and Walter S. Lasecki, Selfsourcing Personal Tasks, in Proceedings of CHI 2014, ACM, 26 April 2014
- Jin-Woo Jeong, Meredith Ringel Morris, Jaime Teevan, and Daniel Liebling, A Crowd-Powered Socially Embedded Search Engine, in Proceedings of ICWSM 2013, AAAI, July 2013
- Sanjay Kairam, Meredith Ringel Morris, Jaime Teevan, Daniel Liebling, and Susan Dumais, Towards Supporting Search over Trending Events with Social Media, in Proceedings of ICWSM 2013, AAAI, July 2013
- Dan Liebling and Meredith Ringel Morris, Kinected Browser: Depth Camera Interaction for the Web, in Proc. 2012 ACM Conference on Interactive Tabletops and Surfaces, ACM, November 2012
- Jaime Teevan, Daniel J. Liebling, Ann Paradiso, Carlos Garcia Jurado Suarez, Curtis von Veh, and Darren Gehring, Displaying Mobile Feedback During a Presentation, in Proc. MobileHCI 2012, ACM, 21 September 2012
- Daniel Liebling, Paul N. Bennett, and Ryen White, Anticipatory Search: Using Context to Initiate Search, in Proc. SIGIR 2012, ACM, 12 August 2012
- Brent Hecht, Jaime Teevan, Meredith Ringel Morris, and Dan Liebling, SearchBuddies: Bringing Search Engines into the Conversation, in Proc. ICWSM 2012, Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence, 4 June 2012
- Michael S. Bernstein, Jaime Teevan, Susan Dumais, Dan Liebling, and Eric Horvitz, Direct Answers for Search Queries in the Long Tail, in Proc. CHI 2012, ACM, 5 May 2012
- Jaime Teevan, Dan Liebling, and Gayathri Ravichandran Geetha, Understanding and Predicting Personal Navigation, in Proc. WSDM 2011, Association for Computing Machinery, Inc., 9 February 2011
- Daniel Ramage, Susan Dumais, and Dan Liebling, Characterizing Microblogs with Topic Models, in Proc. ICWSM 2010, American Association for Artificial Intelligence , May 2010
- Jaime Teevan, Susan Dumais, and Dan Liebling, A Longitudinal Study of How Highlighting Web Content Change Affects People's Web Interactions, in Proc. 2010 ACM Conf. on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI 2010), Association for Computing Machinery, Inc., 10 April 2010
- Jaime Teevan, Susan Dumais, Dan Liebling, and Richard HUghes, Changing How People View Changes on the Web, in Proc. UIST '09, Association for Computing Machinery, Inc., 4 October 2009
- Douglas Downey, Susan Dumais, Dan Liebling, and Eric Horvitz, Understanding the relationship between searchers' queries and information goals, Association for Computing Machinery, Inc., 26 October 2008
- Jaime Teevan, Susan Dumais, and Dan Liebling, To Personalize or Not to Personalize: Modeling Queries with Variation in User Intent, in Proceedings of SIGIR 2008, Association for Computing Machinery, Inc., 20 July 2008