I am primarily interested in the cryptographic applications of algorithmic number theory and computational algebraic geometry; in particular, curve and pairing-based cryptography.
Previously I was a post-doc in the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science at Technische Universiteit Eindhoven in the Netherlands, a PhD student in the Information Security Institute at the Queensland University of Technology in Australia, twice an intern here at MSR, and a Fulbright Scholar visiting the Number Theory Group at the University of California, Irvine.
- Joppe W. Bos, Craig Costello, Huseyin Hisil, and Kristin Lauter, Fast Cryptography in Genus 2, in Eurocrypt 2013, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, May 2013
- Joppe W. Bos, Craig Costello, Huseyin Hisil, and Kristin Lauter, High-Performance Scalar Multiplication using 8-Dimensional GLV/GLS Decomposition, no. MSR-TR-2013-29, March 2013
- C. Costello, Particularly Friendly Members of Family Trees, 2012
- Craig Costello and Kristin Lauter, Group Law Computations on Jacobians of Hyperelliptic Curves, in Selected Areas in Cryptography, Springer, 2011
- Craig Costello, Kristin Lauter, and Michael Naehrig, Attractive Subfamilies of BLS Curves for Implementing High-Security Pairings, in Progress in Cryptology -- INDOCRYPT 2011, Lecture Notes in Computer Science 7107, Springer Verlag, 2011
- Craig Costello, Michael Naehrig, and Tanja Lange, Faster Pairing Computations on Curves with High-Degree Twists, in Public Key Cryptography, Springer, 2010
- C. Costello, C. Boyd, J. M. González Nieto, and K. Koon-Ho Wong, Avoiding Full Extension Field Arithmetic in Pairing Computations, in AFRICACRYPT, 2010
- C. Costello, C. Boyd, J. M. González Nieto, and K. Koon-Ho Wong, Delaying Mismatched Field Multiplications in Pairing Computations, in WAIFI, 2010
- C. Costello and D. Stebila, Fixed Argument Pairings, in LATINCRYPT, 2010
- C. Costello, H. Hisil, C. Boyd, J. M. González Nieto, and K. Koon-Ho Wong, Faster Pairings on Special Weierstrass Curves, in Pairing, 2009