I am primarily interested in the cryptographic applications of algorithmic number theory and computational algebraic geometry; in particular, curve and pairing-based cryptography.
Previously I was a post-doc in the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science at Technische Universiteit Eindhoven in the Netherlands, a PhD student in the Information Security Institute at the Queensland University of Technology in Australia, twice an intern here at MSR, and a Fulbright Scholar visiting the Number Theory Group at the University of California, Irvine.
- Joppe Bos, Craig Costello, Patrick Longa, and Michael Naehrig, Specification of Curve Selection and Supported Curve Parameters in MSR ECCLib, no. MSR-TR-2014-92, 27 June 2014
- Craig Costello, Alyson Deines-Schartz, Kristin Lauter, and Tonghai Yang, Constructing Abelian Surfaces for Cryptography via Rosenhain Invariants, no. MSR-TR-2014-78, 3 June 2014
- Huseyin Hisil and Craig Costello, Jacobian Coordinates on Genus 2 Curves, no. MSR-TR-2014-76, 28 May 2014
- Craig Costello, Huseyin Hisil, and Benjamin Smith, Faster Compact Diffie-Hellman: Endomorphisms on the x-line, in EUROCRYPT 2014, Springer Verlag, 11 May 2014
- Joppe W. Bos, Craig Costello, Patrick Longa, and Michael Naehrig, Selecting Elliptic Curves for Cryptography: An Efficiency and Security Analysis, no. MSR-TR-2014-19, February 2014
- Joppe W. Bos, Craig Costello, and Andrea Miele, Elliptic and Hyperelliptic Curves: a Practical Security Analysis, in Conference on Practice and Theory of Public-Key Cryptography (PKC), Springer, 2014
- Joppe W. Bos, Craig Costello, Huseyin Hisil, and Kristin Lauter, High-Performance Scalar Multiplication using 8-Dimensional GLV/GLS Decomposition, in Workshop on Cryptographic Hardware and Embedded Systems - CHES 2013, Springer, August 2013
- Joppe W. Bos, Craig Costello, and Michael Naehrig, Exponentiating in Pairing Groups, in Selected Areas in Cryptography 2013 (SAC 2013), Springer, August 2013
- Joppe W. Bos, Craig Costello, Huseyin Hisil, and Kristin Lauter, Fast Cryptography in Genus 2, in Eurocrypt 2013, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, May 2013
- C. Costello, Particularly Friendly Members of Family Trees, 2012