Changhu Wang (王长虎)
Multimedia Search & Mining Group
Building 2, No. 5 Danling Street,Haidian District,
Beijing 100080, P.R.China
Email: chw AT microsoft.com
I am a researcher in the Multimedia Search & Mining group at Microsoft Research Asia (MSRA) in Beijing.
My research interest is to explore the novel and practical problems in the era of big data and multimedia, using machine learning and data driven technologies. The projects I am working on include web image retrieval and annotation, image understanding, sketch-based image search, sketch/shape understanding, etc.
· 2013-06-25: The demo paper "MagicBrush: Image Search by Color Sketch" was accepted by ACM Multimedia 2013.
· 2013-06-25: The paper "Indexing Billions of Images for Sketch-based Retrieval" was accepted by ACM Multimedia 2013.
· 2013-03-01: The paper "Efficient Image Contour Detection using Edge Prior" was accepted by ICME 2013.
· 2012-06-25: The demo paper "Sketch2Tag: Automatic Hand-Drawn Sketch Recognition" was accepted by ACM Multimedia 2012.
· 2012-06-25: The paper "Query-Adaptive Shape Topic Mining for Hand-Drawn Sketch Recognition" was accepted by ACM Multimedia 2012.
· 2012-06-25: The paper "Free Hand-Drawn Sketch Segmentation" was accepted by ECCV 2012.
· 2012-03-01: The paper "The Scale of Edges" was accepted by CVPR 2012.
· 2012-01-20: MindFinder were domonstrated in TechVista 2012 in India.
· 2011-10-26: MindFinder and Sketch2Cartoon were domonstrated in Computing in the 21st Century Conference.
· 2011-09-27: MindFinder and Sketch2Cartoon were domonstrated in MSR 20th Anniversary event.
· 2011-08-17: The app, Sketch Match, was released to WP7 marketplace! You are encouraged to have a try (zune link). It is powered by the MindFinder technology (sketch-based image search), with a well-refined sketch matching game for entertainment. Here is the detail: http://wp7applist.com/en-US/app/28629/sketch-match
· 2011-06-15: Changhu Wang received Microsoft Gold Star Award, in recognition of his important contribution to Microsoft's success, which is, more specifically, the contribution in his research project, MindFinder.
· 2011-02-14: The paper "Edgel Inverted Index for Large-Scale Sketch-based Image Search" was accpeted by CVPR 2011.
· 2010-10-28: The demo "MindFinder: Interactive Sketch-based Image Search on Millions of Images" won the best demo award in ACM Multimedia 2010.
· 2010-10-20: MindFinder was demonstarted in Computing in the 21st Century Conference.
· 2010-09-26: MindFinder was demonstrated to Bill Gates.