Changhu Wang (王长虎)
Building 2, No. 5 Danling Street,Haidian District,
Beijing 100080, P.R.China
Email: chw AT microsoft.com
I am an associate researcher in the Web Search & Mining Group at Microsoft Research Asia (MSRA) in Beijing.
I received my B.S. and PhD degree from the University of Science and Technology of China in July 2004 and 2009 respectively.
My major research interests include sketch-based image search, shape understanding, web image retrieval and annotation, image understanding, travel route mining, etc.
I am seeking an intern now. Please send email to me if you are interested in the internship in Microsoft Research Asia.
· 2012-06-25: The demo paper "Sketch2Tag: Automatic Hand-Drawn Sketch Recognition" was accepted by ACM Multimedia 2012.
· 2012-06-25: The paper "Query-Adaptive Shape Topic Mining for Hand-Drawn Sketch Recognition" was accepted by ACM Multimedia 2012.
· 2012-06-25: The paper "Free Hand-Drawn Sketch Segmentation" was accepted by ECCV 2012.
· 2012-03-01: The paper "The Scale of Edges" was accepted by CVPR 2012.
· 2012-01-20: MindFinder were domonstrated in TechVista 2012 in India.
· 2011-10-26: MindFinder and Sketch2Cartoon were domonstrated in Computing in the 21st Century Conference.
· 2011-09-27: MindFinder and Sketch2Cartoon were domonstrated in MSR 20th Anniversary event.
· 2011-08-17: The app, Sketch Match, was released to WP7 marketplace! You are encouraged to have a try (zune link). It is powered by the MindFinder technology (sketch-based image search), with a well-refined sketch matching game for entertainment. Here is the detail: http://wp7applist.com/en-US/app/28629/sketch-match
· 2011-06-15: Changhu Wang received Microsoft Gold Star Award, in recognition of his important contribution to Microsoft's success, which is, more specifically, the contribution in his research project, MindFinder.
· 2011-02-14: The paper "Edgel Inverted Index for Large-Scale Sketch-based Image Search" was accpeted by CVPR 2011.
· 2010-10-28: The demo "MindFinder: Interactive Sketch-based Image Search on Millions of Images" won the best demo award in ACM Multimedia 2010.
· 2010-10-20: MindFinder was demonstarted in Computing in the 21st Century Conference.
· 2010-09-26: MindFinder was demonstrated to Bill Gates.