One Microsoft Way
Redmond WA, 98004 USA
chakim at microsoft dot com
I work at Windows Azure, Microsoft's cloud-service division, on problems related to network architecture, performance, management, and operation of data center and enterprise networks. My main research focus, currently, is on network virtualization. I am also an affiliate member of Networking Research Group.
Papers, code, and other materials related my old research work--SEATTLE, VPN routing, and route caching--are available at my old home page at Princeton.
- Minlan Yu, Albert Greenberg, Dave Maltz, Jennifer Rexford, Lihua Yuan,
Srikanth Kandula, and Changhoon Kim, "Profiling Network Performance for Multi-tier Data Center Applications," in Proc. of NSDI, April 2011
- Alan Shieh, Srikanth Kandula, Albert Greenberg, and Changhoon Kim,
"Sharing the Data Center Network," in Proc. of NSDI, April 2011.
(A shorter version, "Seawall: Performance Isolation for Cloud Datacenter Networks," was published in Proc. of USENIX HotCloud'10, June 2010.)
- Albert Greenberg, James Hamilton, Navendu Jain, Srikanth Kandula,
Changhoon Kim, Parantap Lahiri, Dave Maltz, Parveen Patel, and Sudipta Sengupta, "VL2: A Scalable and Flexible Data Center Network," in Communications of the ACM, Vol. 54, No. 3, March 2011.
(An earlier version was published in Proc. of ACM SIGCOMM, August 2009.)
- Changhoon Kim, Matthew Caesar, Alexandre Gerber, and Jennifer Rexford, "Revisiting Route Caching: The World Should be Flat," in Proc. of PAM Conference, April 2009.
- Changhoon Kim, Matthew Caesar, and Jennifer Rexford, "SEATTLE: A Scalable Ethernet Architecture for Large Enterprises," in ACM Transactions on Computer Systems, Vol. 29, Issue 1, February 2011. (slides)
(An earlier version was published in Proc. of ACM SIGCOMM, August 2008.)
- Changhoon Kim, Alexandre Gerber, Dan Pei, Carsten Lund, and Subhabrata Sen, "Scalable VPN Routing via Relaying," in Proc. of ACM SIGMETRICS, June 2008. (slides).