I'm a Research Software Design Engineer (RSDE) in CHIL, part of the Machine Learning Group. My current focus is on building large scale systems for experimentation on active learning, in particular over web data.
My time at Microsoft
2012 - Present: RSDE in Microsoft Research - Machine Learning Group.
2005 - 2012: RSDE in Microsoft Research - Advanced Development Team.
2000 - 2005: SDE in Visual Studio - Enterprise Frameworks and Tools.
- Jason D. Williams, Nobal B. Niraula, Pradeep Dasigi, Aparna Lakshmiratan, Carlos Garcia Jurado Suarez, Mouni Reddy, and Geoff Zweig, Rapidly scaling dialog systems with interactive learning, 11 January 2015.
- Jaime Teevan, Daniel J. Liebling, Ann Paradiso, Carlos Garcia Jurado Suarez, Curtis von Veh, and Darren Gehring, Displaying Mobile Feedback During a Presentation, in Proc. MobileHCI 2012, ACM, 21 September 2012.
- Siddhartha Sen, Jacob R. Lorch, Richard Hughes, Carlos Garcia Jurado Suarez, Brian Zill, Weverton Cordeiro, and Jitendra Padhye, Don’t Lose Sleep Over Availability: The GreenUp Decentralized Wakeup Service, in Proceedings of the 9th USENIX Symposium on Networked Systems Design and Implementation (NSDI), USENIX, April 2012.
Masters of Applied Mathematics. University of Washington. 2007 - 2011.
Masters of Computer Science (Professional Masters Program). University Of Washington. 2002 - 2006.
Bachelor of Engineering in Physics. Instituto Tecnologico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey. 1995 - 1999.
- Interop: marshaling double pointers that can be null
Wed, 15 Jun 2011 19:04:00 GMT
- Silverlight anti-aliasing woes
Thu, 03 Dec 2009 17:36:53 GMT
- Deferred TLS/SSL handshakes on windows mobile
Tue, 15 Sep 2009 19:57:00 GMT
- Handling DOM events in a C# ActiveX
Sat, 29 Aug 2009 02:38:35 GMT
- New name: Random.Next()
Mon, 24 Aug 2009 07:50:45 GMT
Why is my name so long?
As you can imagine I dread filling out forms or spelling my last name over the phone ...