I'm a Research Software Design Engineer (RSDE) and I lead the development team in the Machine Learning Group. My current focus is on building large scale systems for experimentation on active learning.
- Jason D. Williams, Nobal B. Niraula, Pradeep Dasigi, Aparna Lakshmiratan, Carlos Garcia Jurado Suarez, Mouni Reddy, and Geoff Zweig, Rapidly scaling dialog systems with interactive learning, 11 January 2015.
- Patrice Simard, David Chickering, Aparna Lakshmiratan, Denis Charles, Léon Bottou, Carlos Garcia Jurado Suarez, David Grangier, Saleema Amershi, Johan Verwey, and Jina Suh, ICE: Enabling Non-Experts to Build Models Interactively for Large-Scale Lopsided Problems, no. MSR-TR-2014-128, 16 September 2014.
- Jaime Teevan, Daniel J. Liebling, Ann Paradiso, Carlos Garcia Jurado Suarez, Curtis von Veh, and Darren Gehring, Displaying Mobile Feedback During a Presentation, in Proc. MobileHCI 2012, ACM, 21 September 2012.
- Siddhartha Sen, Jacob R. Lorch, Richard Hughes, Carlos Garcia Jurado Suarez, Brian Zill, Weverton Cordeiro, and Jitendra Padhye, Don't lose sleep over availability: The GreenUp decentralized wakeup service, in Proc. 9th Networked Systems Design and Implementation (NSDI), April 2012.
- Siddhartha Sen, Jacob R. Lorch, Richard Hughes, Carlos Garcia Jurado Suarez, Brian Zill, Weverton Cordeiro, and Jitendra Padhye, Don’t Lose Sleep Over Availability: The GreenUp Decentralized Wakeup Service, in Proceedings of the 9th USENIX Symposium on Networked Systems Design and Implementation (NSDI), USENIX, April 2012.
My time at Microsoft
2012 - Present: RSDE in Microsoft Research - Machine Learning Group.
2005 - 2012: RSDE in Microsoft Research - Advanced Development Team.
2000 - 2005: SDE in Visual Studio - Enterprise Frameworks and Tools.
Masters of Applied Mathematics. University of Washington. 2007 - 2011.
Masters of Computer Science (Professional Masters Program). University Of Washington. 2002 - 2006.
Bachelor of Engineering in Physics. Instituto Tecnologico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey. 1995 - 1999.
Why is my name so long?
As you can imagine I dread filling out forms or spelling my last name over the phone ...