Microsoft Research Asia
Email: [alias] borjekar
I've joined the Mobile and Sensing Systems Group at Microsoft Research Asia in late 2012. My main interest areas are mobile and context-aware systems, digital entertainment, and data pipelines/analytics, but my research work also covers aspects of software engineering and testing.
Before joining Microsoft Research I was a Research Scientist at Nokia Institute of Technology (INdT), a Nokia-founded R&D lab in Brazil. I received my doctorate in Computer Science from PUC-Rio in 2010 and my BSc from UFPE.
I also have experience as System/Software Architect, as well as leading development teams as team leader and product owner, working on projects for companies such as C.E.S.A.R., Motorola, Nokia, and Petrobras.
- Börje F. Karlsson and Antonio L. Furtado, Conceptual Model and System for Genre-Focused Interactive Storytelling, in ICEC (International Conference on Entertainment Computing), Springer, October 2014
- Chieh-Jan Mike Liang, Nicholas D. Lane, Niels Brouwers, Li Zhang, Börje F. Karlsson, Hao Liu, Yan Liu, Jun Tang, Xiang Shan, Ranveer Chandra, and Feng Zhao, Caiipa: Automated Large-scale Mobile App Testing through Contextual Fuzzing, in MobiCom (International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking), ACM – Association for Computing Machinery, September 2014
- Ranveer Chandra, Börje F. Karlsson, Nic Lane, Chieh-Jan Mike Liang, Suman Nath, Jitu Padhye, Lenin Ravindranath Sivalingam, and Feng Zhao, Towards Scalable Automated Mobile App Testing, no. MSR-TR-2014-44, January 2014
- Mark Billinghurst and Börje F. Karlsson, SIGGRAPH Asia 2013: Symposium on Mobile Graphics and Interactive Applications (MGIA 2013), ACM, December 2013
- Karla Okada, Börje F. Karlsson, Laura Sardinha, and Tomaz Noleto, ContextPlayer: Learning contextual music preferences for situational recommendations, in Proceedings of SIGGRAPH Asia 2013 Symposium on Mobile Graphics and Interactive Applications, ACM, November 2013
- Chieh-Jan Mike Liang, Nic Lane, Niels Brouwers, Li Zhang, Borje Karlsson, Ranveer Chandra, and Feng Zhao, Contextual Fuzzing: Automated Mobile App Testing Under Dynamic Device and Environment Conditions, no. MSR-TR-2013-100, March 2013
- 2014: ACM SIGGRAPH Asia's
Symposium on Mobile Graphics and Interactive Applications (MGIA) Chair
- Technical program committee:
- IEEE WoWMoM (2015), IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, Mobiquitous (2014), MobiCASE (2013).
- 2013: MGIA Chair; SBGames tutorials co-chair.