I am broadly interested in the theoretical aspects of computer science, such as the theory of computation, the computational theory of intelligence, and modeling/performance analysis of real-world computers.
Meanwhile, I have also worked on solving real-world problems, such as a variety of scheduling problems in mobile and cloud systems, heterogeneous storage optimization for search engines, sparse data analysis (compressed sensing, group testing, etc.), circuit algorithm design for hardware (FPGA) acceleration, applications of multimodal sensing, and Computer GO. See a selected publication list below for more detail.
I can be reached at bojhuang at microsoft dot com.
- Bojun Huang, Pruning Game Tree by Rollouts, in AAAI 2015, AAAI - Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence, November 2014.
- Bojun Huang and Thomas Moscibroda, Conflict Resolution and Membership Problem in Beeping Model, in International Symposium on Distributed Computing (DISC) 2013, October 2013.
- Bojun Huang and Thomas Moscibroda, Large-Scale Heterogeneous Storage Optimization under Resource Capacity Constraints, July 2014.
- Bojun Huang, Sequential Resource Allocation with Positional Costs, arxiv.org, April 2014.
- Bojun Huang and Zenglin Xia, Allocating inverted index into flash memory for search engines (abstract only), in Proceedings of the 20th international conference on World Wide Web (WWW), ACM, New York, NY, USA, 2011.
- Ying Yan, Jiaxing Zhang, Bojun Huang, Xuzhan Sun, Jiaqi Mu, Zheng Zhang, and Thomas Moscibroda, Distributed Outlier Detection using Compressive Sensing, in SIGMOD 2015 (To Appear), ACM – Association for Computing Machinery, April 2015.
- Chaoyang Wang, Lijuan Wang, Yasuyuki Matsushita, Bojun Huang, Magnetro Chen, and Frank K. Soong, Binocular Photometric Stereo Acquisition and Reconstruction for 3D Talking Head Applications, ISCA - International Speech Communication Association, August 2013.
- Bojun Huang, Some Notes on Artificial Intellegence (什么是人工智能? in Chinese), NEWTON - Science World, March 2014.
- Bojun Huang, How Computers Play Board Games (电脑是如何下棋的? in Chinese), NEWTON - Science World, April 2014.
- Bojun Huang, Some Notes on the Turing Test Recently Being "Passed" (图灵测试与人工智能 in Chinese), 22 August 2014.