I am a researcher at the Mobility, Networks and Systems group at Microsoft Research India. Previously, I was a research staff member at IBM T. J. Watson Research in Hawthorne, NY, USA. Prior to that, I completed my PhD in 2004 from the University of California at San Diego. My interests are mainly in solving problems related to Networking and Distributed Systems.
Diagnosing home-network related problems
Automated request characterization in Internet services
Application-level firewall analysis and anomaly detection
- Anshul Rai, Ranjita Bhagwan, and Saikat Guha, Generalized Resource Allocation for the Cloud, in Proceedings of the 3rd Symposium on Cloud Computing (SOCC), San Jose, CA, October 2012
- Pavan Kumar Athivarapu, Ranjita Bhagwan, Saikat Guha, Vishnu Navda, Ramachandran Ramjee, Dushyant Arora, Venkat Padmanabhan, and George Varghese, RadioJockey: Mining Program Execution to Optimize Cellular Radio Usage, ACM MOBICOM, 22 August 2012
- bhavish aggarwal, ranjita bhagwan, lorenzo de carli, venkata n padmanabhan, and krishna puttaswamy, Deja vu: Fingerprinting Network Problems, in The 7th International Conference on emerging Networking EXperiments and Technologies (CoNEXT 2011), ACM SIGCOMM, December 2011
- Prasad Naldurg, Ranjita Bhagwan, and Tathagata Das, Understanding policy intent and misconfigurations from implementations: Consistency and Convergence, in (Short Paper) The 8th International Workshop on Formal Aspects of Security & Trust (FAST2011), 15 September 2011
- Tathagata Das, Ranjita Bhagwan, and Prasad Naldurg, Baaz: A System for Detecting Access Control Misconfigurations, in USENIX Security Symposium, USENIX, August 2010
- krishna puttaswamy, ranjita bhagwan, and venkat padmanabhan, Anonygator: Privacy and Integrity Preserving Data Aggregation, in ACM/IFIP/USENIX 11th International Middleware Conference, 2010
- Krishna Puttaswamy, Ranjita Bhagwan, and venkata n. padmanabhan, Anonymity-Preserving Data Aggregation using Anonygator, no. MSR-TR-2009-162, 20 November 2009
- Bhavish Aggarwal, Ranjita Bhagwan, Tathagata Das, Siddharth Eswaran, Venkat Padmanabhan, and Geoffrey M. Voelker, NetPrints: Diagnosing Home Network Misconfigurations Using Shared Knowledge, in Proceedings of the 6th USENIX Symposium on Networked Systems Design and Implementation , USENIX, April 2009
- Bhavish Aggarwal, Ranjita Bhagwan, Venkata N. Padmanabhan, and Geoffrey Voelker, NetPrints: Diagnosing Home Network Misconfigurations Using Shared Knowledge, no. MSR-TR-2008-102, August 2008
- Abhishek Sharma, Ranjita Bhagwan, Monojit Choudhury, Leana Golubchik, Ramesh Govindan, and Geoffrey M. Voelker, Automatic Request Characterization in Internet Services, in Proceedings of the 1st HotMetrics Workshop, Association for Computing Machinery, Inc., June 2008
- Nikhil Bansal, Ranjita Bhagwan, Navendu Jain, Yoonho Park, Deepak Turaga, and Chitra Venkatramani, Towards Optimal Operator Placement in Partial-Fault Tolerant Applications, in Proceedings of the IEEE Infocom Conference, IEEE Communications Society, April 2008
For a full list, please click here.