I am a researcher in the Database group group at Microsoft Research. I have a PhD in computer science from Stanford University and a B.Tech. from Indian Institute of Technology, Madras. I am originally from Bangalore, India.
My research interests are broadly in the area of information management. I am currently working on the data cleaning project in the DMX group. Broadly, the goal of the project is to develop scalable techniques and tools to identify and fix inconsistencies and errors in data. I am also very interested in continuous queries and data streams, which was the topic of my PhD thesis.
- Arvind Arasu, Ken Eguro, Raghav Kaushik, and Ravi Ramamurthy, When is an Encrypted Database Secure?, no. MSR-TR-2014-133, September 2014
- Arvind Arasu, Ken Eguro, Manas Joglekar, Raghav Kaushik, Donald Kossmann, and Ravi Ramamurthy, Transaction Processing on Confidential Data using Cipherbase, no. MSR-TR-2014-106, August 2014
- Arvind Arasu, Ken Eguro, Raghav Kaushik, Donald Kossmann, Ravi Ramamurthy, and Ramarathnam Venkatesan, A Secure Coprocessor for Database Applications, in IEEE International Conference on Field Programmable Logic and Applications (FPL), September 2013
- Arvind Arasu, Ken Eguro, Raghav Kaushik, and Ravi Ramamurthy, Querying Encrypted Data (Tutorial), in ICDE, , April 2013
- Arvind Arasu, Spyros Blanas, Ken Eguro, Raghav Kaushik, Donald Kossmann, Ravi Ramamurthy, and Ramaratnam Venkatesan, Orthogonal Security With Cipherbase, in 6th Biennial Conference on Innovative Data Systems Research (CIDR'13), , 8 January 2013
- Arvind Arasu, Spyros Blanas, Manas Joglekar, Ken Eguro, Raghav Kaushik, Donald Kossmann, Ravi Ramamurthy, Prasang Upadhyaya, and Ramarathnam Venkatesan, Engineering Performance and Security with Cipherbase, in Data Engineering Bulletin, IEEE, December 2012
- Arvind Arasu, Raghav Kaushik, and Jian Li, Data Generation using Declarative Constraints, in SIGMOD, ACM, 2011
- Parag Agrawal, Arvind Arasu, and Raghav Kaushik, On Indexing Error-Tolerant Set Containment, in Proceedings of the ACM SIGMOD International Conference on Management of Data (SIGMOD), June 2010
- Arvind Arasu, Michaela Götz, and Raghav Kaushik, On Active Learning of Record Matching Packages, in Proceedings of the ACM SIGMOD International Conference on Management of Data (SIGMOD), June 2010
- Arvind Arasu, Surajit Chaudhuri, and Raghav Kaushik, Learning String Transformations from Examples, in VLDB, Very Large Data Bases Endowment Inc., August 2009
Arvind Arasu (99/3737),
One Microsoft Way,
Redmond, WA 98052
Phone: +1 (425) 706 0543