Interests and Background
I am a researcher in the Speech and Dialog Research Group at Microsoft Research, working at Microsoft's Silicon Valley Campus. My interests include speech recognition and understanding, language modeling, speaker recognition, language and dialect recognition, machine translation, historical linguistics, and software tools for computational linguistics. I am also an External Fellow at the International Computer Science Institute (ICSI) in Berkeley, where I lead a joint project with Microsoft.
Prior to 2011, I worked in the Speech Technology and Research Laboratory at SRI International, mainly on government-funded research projects in speech recognition, speaker recognition, and machine translation, such as the DARPA projects EARS, GALE, and RATS. While at SRI, I also collaborated with ICSI on recognition of multiparty meetings and other projects.
My Ph.D. research was in Computer Science at the University of California, Berkeley, on parsing and Bayesian learning of stochastic grammars. I have performed editorial services for the journals Computional Linguistics, Computer Speech and Language, and the IEEE Transactions on Audio Speech and Language, and am a Fellow of the IEEE and the International Speech Communication Association (ISCA).
A list of recent publications appears below. For older papers (including work from before joining Microsoft) please refer to the Microsoft Academic Search author page.
- Sree Harsha Yella, Andreas Stolcke, and Malcolm Slaney, Artificial Neural Network Features for Speaker Diarization, IEEE – Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, December 2014
- Malcolm Slaney, Andreas Stolcke, and Dilek Hakkani-Tur, The relation of eye gaze and face pose: Potential impact on speech recognition, 16th ACM International Conference on Multimodal Interaction, 12 November 2014
- Michael Levit, Sarangarajan Parthasarathy, Shuangyu Chang, Andreas Stolcke, and Benoit Dumoulin, Word-Phrase-Entity Language Models: Getting More Mileage out of N-grams, in Proc. Interspeech, ISCA - International Speech Communication Association, September 2014
- Suman Ravuri and Andreas Stolcke, Neural Network Models for Lexical Addressee Detection, in Proc. Interspeech, ISCA - International Speech Communication Association, September 2014
- Dong Yu, Adam Eversole, Mike Seltzer, Kaisheng Yao, Zhiheng Huang, Brian Guenter, Oleksii Kuchaiev, Yu Zhang, Frank Seide, Huaming Wang, Jasha Droppo, Geoffrey Zweig, Chris Rossbach, Jon Currey, Jie Gao, Avner May, Baolin Peng, Andreas Stolcke, and Malcolm Slaney, An Introduction to Computational Networks and the Computational Network Toolkit, no. MSR-TR-2014-112, August 2014
- Malcolm Slaney, Rahul Rajan, Andreas Stolcke, and Partha Parthasarathy, Gaze-enhanced speech recognition, in Proc. IEEE ICASSP, IEEE SPS, May 2014
- Andreas Stolcke, Neville Ryant, Vikramjit Mitra, Wen Wang, and Mark Liberman, Highly Accurate Phonetic Segmentation Using Boundary Correction Models and System Fusion, in Proc. IEEE ICASSP, IEEE SPS, May 2014
- Jiahong Yuan, Neville Ryant, Mark Liberman, Andreas Stolcke, Vikramjit Mitra, and Wen Wang, Automatic Phonetic Segmentation using Boundary Models, in Proceedings Interspeech, International Speech Communication Association, August 2013
- Elizabeth Shriberg, Andreas Stolcke, and Suman Ravuri, Addressee Detection for Dialog Systems Using Temporal and Spectral Dimensions of Speaking Style, in Proceedings Interspeech, International Speech Communication Association, August 2013
- Heeyoung Lee, Andreas Stolcke, and Elizabeth Shriberg, Using Out-of-Domain Data for Lexical Addressee Detection in Human-Human-Computer Dialog, in Proceedings NAACL, Association for Computational Linguistics, June 2013
- Wen Wang, Andreas Stolcke, Jiahong Yuan, and Mark Liberman, A Cross-language Study on Automatic Speech Disfluency Detection, in Proc. NAACL, Association for Computational Linguistics, June 2013
- Mark Liberman, Jiahong Yuan, Andreas Stolcke, Wen Wang, and Vikramjit Mitra, Using multiple versions of speech input in phone recognition, in Proceedings IEEE ICASSP, IEEE SPS, May 2013
- Vikramjit Mitra, Wen Wang, Andreas Stolcke, Hosung Nam, Colleen Richey, Jiahong Yuan, and Mark Liberman, Articulatory features for large vocabulary speech recognition, in Proc. IEEE ICASSP, IEEE SPS, May 2013
- Dmytro Prylipko, Bogdan Vlasenko, Andreas Stolcke, and Andreas Wendemuth, Language Modeling of Nonverbal Vocalizations in Spontaneous Speech, in Text, Speech and Dialogue, 15th International Conference, Springer Verlag, September 2012
- Elizabeth Shriberg, Andreas Stolcke, Dilek Hakkani-Tür, and Larry Heck, Learning When to Listen: Detecting System-Addressed Speech in Human-Human-Computer Dialog, in Proceedings of Interspeech, International Speech Communication Association, September 2012
- Andreas Stolcke, Martin Graciarena, and Luciana Ferrer, Effects of audio and ASR quality on cepstral and high-level speaker verification systems, in Proceedings Odyssey Speaker and Language Recognition Workshop, International Speech Communication Association, June 2012
- Andreas Stolcke, Arindam Mandal, and Elizabeth Shriberg, Speaker recognition with region-constrained MLLR transforms, in Proceedings of IEEE ICASSP, IEEE SPS, March 2012
- Andreas Stolcke, Jing Zheng, Wen Wang, and Victor Abrash, SRILM at Sixteen: Update and Outlook, in Proceedings IEEE Automatic Speech Recognition and Understanding Workshop, IEEE SPS, December 2011
- Andreas Stolcke, Making the Most from Multiple Microphones in Meeting Recognition, in Proc. IEEE ICASSP, IEEE SPS, May 2011
- Gokhan Tur, Andreas Stolcke, Lynn Voss, Dilek Hakkani-Tur, John Dowding, Benoit Favre, Raquel Fernandez, Matthew Frampton, Mike Frandsen, Clint Frederickson, Martin Graciarena, Donald Kintzing, Kyle Leveque, Shane Mason, John Niekrasz, Matthew Purver, Korbinian Riedhammer, Jing Tien, Dimitra Vergyri, and Fan Yang, The CALO Meeting Assistant System, in IEEE Transactions on Audio, Speech, and Language Processing, vol. 18, no. 6, pp. 1601-11, , August 2010
Phone: (650) 693-0884
US Mail: Microsoft Research Silicon Valley, 1065 La Avenida, Mountain View, CA 94043