Anirudh Badam is a researcher in the Systems Research Group (Redmond) at Microsoft Research. He is interested in problems pertaining to system support for new memory technologies (project Kamino), and energy efficiency of mobile systems (Battery Research at Microsoft). He has a PhD from Princeton University (2012) and an undergraduate degree from IIT Madras, India (2006) in computer science. He joined Microsoft Research, Redmond in September, 2012.
Email: Username is "anirudh DOT badam" and domain is "microsoft DOT com".
- Jian Huang, Anirudh Badam, Ranveer Chandra, and Ed Nightingale, WearDrive: Fast and Energy-Efficient Storage for Wearables, in USENIX Annual Technical Conference (ATC'15) Won best paper award, USENIX, 10 July 2015. Best Paper Award
- Jian Huang, Anirudh Badam, Moinuddin K. Qureshi, and Karsten Schwann, Unified Address Translation for Memory-Mapped SSDs with FlashMap, in ISCA'15, ACM/IEEE, 13 June 2015.
- Jing Li, Anirudh Badam, Ranveer Chandra, Steven Swanson, Bruce Worthington, and Qi Zhang, On the Energy Overhead of Mobile Storage Systems, in FAST'14, USENIX, February 2014.
- Anirudh Badam, Vivek S. Pai, and David W. Nellans, Better Flash Access via Shapeshifting Virtual Memory Pages, in TRIOS'13, ACM, November 2013.
- Anirudh Badam, How Persistent Memory Will Change Software Systems, in Computer, vol. 46, no. 8, pp. 45-51, IEEE, 29 May 2013.
- Anirudh Badam and Vivek Pai, SSDAlloc: Hybrid RAM/SSD Memory Allocation Made Easy, in NSDI'11, USENIX, March 2011.
- Anirudh Badam, KyoungSoo Park, Vivek Pai, and Larry Peterson, HashCache: Cache Storage for the Next Billion, in NSDI'09, USENIX, April 2009.