Anirudh Badam is a researcher in the Systems Research Group (Redmond) at Microsoft Research. He is interested in problems pertaining to system support for new memory technologies (project Kamino), and energy efficiency of mobile systems (Battery Research at Microsoft). He has a PhD from Princeton University (2012) and an undergraduate degree from IIT Madras, India (2006) in computer science. He joined Microsoft Research, Redmond in September, 2012.
Email: Username is "anirudh DOT badam" and domain is "microsoft DOT com".
- Anirudh Badam, Ranveer Chandra, Jon Dutra, Anthony Ferrese, Steve Hodges, Pan Hu, Julia Meinershagen, Thomas Moscibroda, Bodhi Priyantha, and Evangelia Skiani, Software Defined Batteries, in Symposium on Operating Systems Principles (SOSP'15), ACM – Association for Computing Machinery, 5 October 2015.
- Aleksandar Dragojević, Dushyanth Narayanan, Edmund B Nightingale, Matthew Renzelmann, Alex Shamis, Anirudh Badam, and Miguel Castro, No compromises: distributed transactions with consistency, availability, and performance, in Symposium on Operating Systems Principles (SOSP'15), ACM – Association for Computing Machinery, 5 October 2015.
- Jian Huang, Anirudh Badam, Ranveer Chandra, and Ed Nightingale, WearDrive: Fast and Energy-Efficient Storage for Wearables, in Annual Technical Conference (ATC'15), USENIX – Advanced Computing Systems Association, 10 July 2015. Best Paper Award
- Jian Huang, Anirudh Badam, Moinuddin K. Qureshi, and Karsten Schwann, Unified Address Translation for Memory-Mapped SSDs with FlashMap, in International Symposium on Computer Architecture (ISCA'15), IEEE – Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, 13 June 2015.
- Jing Li, Anirudh Badam, Ranveer Chandra, Steven Swanson, Bruce Worthington, and Qi Zhang, On the Energy Overhead of Mobile Storage Systems, in Conference on File and Storage Technologies (FAST'14), USENIX – Advanced Computing Systems Association, 16 February 2014.
- Anirudh Badam, Vivek S. Pai, and David W. Nellans, Better Flash Access via Shapeshifting Virtual Memory Pages, in Conference on Timely Results on Operating Systems Principles (TRIOS'13), ACM – Association for Computing Machinery, 3 November 2013.
- Anirudh Badam, How Persistent Memory Will Change Software Systems, in Computer, vol. 46, no. 8, pp. 45-51, IEEE – Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, 29 May 2013.
- Anirudh Badam and Vivek Pai, SSDAlloc: Hybrid RAM/SSD Memory Allocation Made Easy, in Symposium on Networked Systems Design and Implementation (NSDI'11), USENIX – Advanced Computing Systems Association, 30 March 2011.
- Anirudh Badam, KyoungSoo Park, Vivek Pai, and Larry Peterson, HashCache: Cache Storage for the Next Billion, in Symposium on Networked Systems Deisgn and Implementation (NSDI'09), USENIX – Advanced Computing Systems Association, 22 April 2009.