I am a researcher working in the Distributed Systems group at Microsoft Research, Redmond. I received my Ph.D. in Computer Science from Princeton University (2012) under the guidance of Prof. Vivek Pai, an M.A. from Princeton University (2008) and a B.Tech. from Indian Institute of Technology, Madras (2006). I joined MSR Redmond in September, 2012. I am interested in problems pertaining to server and middlebox scalability, OS and architectural support for new memory technologies, and energy efficiency of mobile systems.
Email: Username is "anirudh DOT badam" and domain is "microsoft DOT com".
- Jing Li, Anirudh Badam, Ranveer Chandra, Steven Swanson, Bruce Worthington, and Qi Zhang, On the Energy Overhead of Mobile Storage Systems, in FAST'14, USENIX, February 2014
- Anirudh Badam, Vivek S. Pai, and David W. Nellans, Better Flash Access via Shapeshifting Virtual Memory Pages, in TRIOS'13, ACM, November 2013
- Anirudh Badam, How Persistent Memory Will Change Software Systems, in Computer, vol. 46, no. 8, pp. 45-51, IEEE, 29 May 2013
- Anirudh Badam, Bridging the Memory-Storage Gap, October 2012
- Anirudh Badam, Dongsu Han, David Andersen, Michael Kaminsky, Dina Papagiannaki, and Srinivasan Seshan, The Hare and the Tortoise: Tackling Wireless Losses by Exploiting Wired Reliability, in MobiHoc'11, ACM, May 2011
- Anirudh Badam and Vivek Pai, SSDAlloc: Hybrid RAM/SSD Memory Allocation Made Easy, in NSDI'11, USENIX, March 2011
- Anirudh Badam, KyoungSoo Park, Vivek Pai, and Larry Peterson, HashCache: Cache Storage for the Next Billion, in NSDI'09, USENIX, April 2009