I am a member of the Programming Languages and Tools Group at Microsoft Research India. I am broadly interested in the areas of programming languages, verification and model checking with a focus on concurrent programs.
I graduated with a PhD from the Computer Sciences Department of University of Wisconsin-Madison, advised by Tom Reps. Here is my UW page. For my thesis, I was a co-recipient of the ACM SIGPLAN Outstanding Doctoral Dissertation Award.
- Arun Chaganty, Akash Lal, Aditya V. Nori, and Sriram K. Rajamani, Combining Relational Learning with SMT Solvers using CEGAR, in Computer Aided Verification (CAV), Lecture Notes in Computer Science, July 2013
- Michael Emmi, Akash Lal, and Shaz Qadeer, Asynchronous programs with prioritized task buffers, in Foundations of Software Engineering (FSE), November 2012
- Michael Emmi and Akash Lal, Finding Non-Terminating Executions in Distributed Asynchronous Programs, in Static Analysis Symposium (SAS), September 2012
- Mohamed Faouzi Atig, Ahmed Bouajjani, Michael Emmi, and Akash Lal, Detecting Fair Non-Termination in Multithreaded Programs, in Computer-Aided Verification (CAV), July 2012
- Akash Lal, Shaz Qadeer, and Shuvendu Lahiri, Corral: A Solver for Reachability Modulo Theories, in Computer-Aided Verification (CAV), July 2012
- Michael Emmi, Akash Lal, and Shaz Qadeer, Asynchronous programs with prioritized task buffers, no. MSR-TR-2012-1, January 2012
- Saurabh Joshi, Shuvendu Lahiri, and Akash Lal, Underspecified Harnesses and Interleaved Bugs, in Principles of Programming Languages (POPL) 2012, ACM SIGPLAN, January 2012
- Akash Lal, Shaz Qadeer, and Shuvendu Lahiri, Corral: A Solver for Reachability Modulo Theories, no. MSR-TR-2012-9, January 2012
- Prathmesh Prabhu, Thomas Reps, Akash Lal, and Nicholas Kidd, Verifying Concurrent Programs via Bounded Context-Switching and Induction , November 2011
- William R. Harris, Akash Lal, Aditya V. Nori, and Sriram K. Rajamani, Alternation for Termination, in SAS '10: Static Analysis Symposium, Springer Verlag, September 2010
- William R. Harris, Akash Lal, Aditya V. Nori, and Sriram K. Rajamani, Alternation for Termination, no. MSR-TR-2010-61, 31 May 2010
- Akash Lal and G. Ramalingam, Reference count analysis with shallow aliasing, in Inf. Process. Lett., vol. 111, no. 2, pp. 57-63, 2010
- Akash Lal and Thomas Reps, Reducing Concurrent Analysis Under a Context Bound to Sequential Analysis, in Formal Methods in System Design (FMSD), Springer Verlag, 2009