I am a member of the Programming Languages and Tools Group at Microsoft Research India. I am broadly interested in the areas of programming languages, verification and model checking with a focus on concurrent programs.
I graduated with a PhD from the Computer Sciences Department of University of Wisconsin-Madison, advised by Tom Reps. Here is my UW page. For my thesis, I was a co-recipient of the ACM SIGPLAN Outstanding Doctoral Dissertation Award.
I have served on the program committees of: MUSEPAT 2013, ESOP 2013, DSN 2013, VMCAI 2013, PADTAD 2012, APLAS 2012, CPP 2011, INFINITY 2011, INFINITY 2010, VMCAI 2011, CAV 2011, SPIN 2011, and PASTE 2011.
- Varun Tulsian, Aditya Kanade, Rahul Kumar, Akash Lal, and Aditya V. Nori, MUX: Algorithm Selection for Software Model Checkers, in Mining Software Repositories (MSR), ACM, May 2014
- Mike Barnett, Robert DeLine, Akash Lal, and Shaz Qadeer, Get Me Here: Using Verification Tools to Answer Developer Questions, no. MSR-TR-2014-10, February 2014
- Akash Lal and Shaz Qadeer, Reachability Modulo Theories, in 7th International workshop on Reachability Problems (Invited Paper), September 2013
- Arun Chaganty, Akash Lal, Aditya V. Nori, and Sriram K. Rajamani, Combining Relational Learning with SMT Solvers using CEGAR, in Computer Aided Verification (CAV), Lecture Notes in Computer Science, July 2013
- Sandeep Bindal, Sorav Bansal, and Akash Lal, Variable and Thread Bounding for Systematic Testing of Multithreaded Programs, in International Symposium in Software Testing and Analysis (ISSTA), 2013
- Aditya Thakur, Akash Lal, Junghee Lim, and Thomas Reps, PostHat and All That: Automating Abstract Interpretation, in The Fourth Workshop on Tools for Automatic Program Analysis (TAPAS), Elsevier, 2013
- Michael Emmi, Akash Lal, and Shaz Qadeer, Asynchronous programs with prioritized task buffers, in Foundations of Software Engineering (FSE), November 2012
- Michael Emmi and Akash Lal, Finding Non-Terminating Executions in Distributed Asynchronous Programs, in Static Analysis Symposium (SAS), September 2012
- Akash Lal, Shaz Qadeer, and Shuvendu Lahiri, Corral: A Solver for Reachability Modulo Theories, in Computer-Aided Verification (CAV), July 2012
- Mohamed Faouzi Atig, Ahmed Bouajjani, Michael Emmi, and Akash Lal, Detecting Fair Non-Termination in Multithreaded Programs, in Computer-Aided Verification (CAV), July 2012
- Saurabh Joshi, Shuvendu Lahiri, and Akash Lal, Underspecified Harnesses and Interleaved Bugs, in Principles of Programming Languages (POPL) 2012, ACM SIGPLAN, January 2012
- Michael Emmi, Akash Lal, and Shaz Qadeer, Asynchronous programs with prioritized task buffers, no. MSR-TR-2012-1, January 2012
- Akash Lal, Shaz Qadeer, and Shuvendu Lahiri, Corral: A Solver for Reachability Modulo Theories, no. MSR-TR-2012-9, January 2012
- Prathmesh Prabhu, Thomas Reps, Akash Lal, and Nicholas Kidd, Verifying Concurrent Programs via Bounded Context-Switching and Induction , November 2011
- William R. Harris, Akash Lal, Aditya V. Nori, and Sriram K. Rajamani, Alternation for Termination, in SAS '10: Static Analysis Symposium, Springer Verlag, September 2010
- William R. Harris, Akash Lal, Aditya V. Nori, and Sriram K. Rajamani, Alternation for Termination, no. MSR-TR-2010-61, 31 May 2010
- Akash Lal and G. Ramalingam, Reference count analysis with shallow aliasing, in Inf. Process. Lett., vol. 111, no. 2, pp. 57-63, 2010
- Akash Lal and Thomas Reps, Reducing Concurrent Analysis Under a Context Bound to Sequential Analysis, in Formal Methods in System Design (FMSD), Springer Verlag, 2009