Microsoft Research was founded on the Microsoft Redmond campus, and most of its computer scientists still work at this location. Researchers here benefit from close proximity to Microsoft product units, the scores of other high-tech companies in the Seattle area, and a wonderful support environment. Learn more...
|Research at the Redmond lab focuses on the following areas.|
- Data Management and Mining
- Computer Architecture and Hardware
- Human-Computer Interaction and Collaboration
- Machine Learning and Intelligence
- Graphics and Multimedia
- Privacy and Security
- Software Engineering and Programming Languages
- Information Retrieval and Search
- Speech and Natural Language
- Operating Systems, Networking, and Distributed Computing
|CHI 2013: an Immersive Event|
|Focus in France on Machine Learning|
|GeoFlow Takes Data for a 3-D Drive|
Why I Work for Microsoft Research
A.J. Brush — Working at Microsoft Research is my dream job. As a researcher at Microsoft Research, I have the freedom to do cutting-edge research on how technology can help solve everyday problems that I find personally compelling -- for example, helping more easily manage their work and family calendars or save money on their home heating bills.
- High School Hackathon: 500 Budding Teen Geeks Learn How to Code
- Microsoft Showcases New Technologies in D.C.
- New Ways to Visualize Your Data
One Microsoft Way
Redmond, WA 98052-6399