In keeping with the global mission of Microsoft Research, Microsoft Research India is engaged in basic research in multiple fields in Computer Science and related areas. Microsoft Research India also collaborates with a wide range of scientific and academic institutions to advance the state of the art in computing research in India. Learn more...
- Microsoft and NOAA Collaborate to Enable Data Access and Innovation Across Government and Industry
- From the boardroom to the operating room: Making human-computer interaction for an era of more personal computing
- Microsoft Azure helps build a smart campus
From the Director
“MSR India does research that focusses on fundamental problems in computer science as well as challenges in building real-world systems and the societal impact of technology. We encourage inter-disciplinary and collaborative research at the lab, and work very closely with academic partners and research institutions across the world.”
— Chandu Thekkath, PhD, Managing Director, Microsoft Research India
The Research Fellow Program
Microsoft Research India currently focuses on the following:
- Foundations: The foundational aspects of computer science such as algorithms, data sciences, complexity, and cryptography.
- Machine Learning, Natural Language Systems and Applications: The practical and the more theoretical aspects of Machine Learning, as well as natural language processing, particularly for the Indic languages.
- Systems: Multiple areas of experimental computer science, principally Distributed Systems, Security and Privacy, Programming Languages, and Networks.
- Technology for Emerging Markets: The interplay of technology and society and is concerned with effect of innovation on the lives of developing nations.
Microsoft Research India's Advanced Development Group works across the research areas in the India labs to bring research ideas to life. The Applied Sciences group focuses on pressing real-world problems in specific research domains and impactful areas.
|Distributed Systems Research@PLATO|
|Wikipedia on TV-DVD for Low-Income Communities|
|Stratus: Energy-efficient mobile communication using cloud support|
- Why isn't what's good For Microsoft good for the country?
- Top Posts of 2014: Deep Learning, Predictive Analytics, and Human-Computer Interaction
- Microsoft Wants to Use White Space Broadband to Connect Rural India to the Internet
Microsoft Research India
#9, Lavelle Road,
Bangalore 560 001, India
Tel: +91 (80) 66586000
Fax: +91 (80) 66586058