The VUE team uses information visualization techniques that combine design, human factors, and aesthetic principles with technological innovation and apply these to a wide range of different applications.
- Danyel Fisher, Badrish Chandramouli, Robert DeLine, Jonathan Goldstein, Andrei Aron, Mike Barnett, John C. Platt, James F. Terwilliger, and John Wernsing, Tempe: An Interactive Data Science Environment for Exploration of Temporal and Streaming Data, no. MSR-TR-2014-148, November 2014.
- Danyel Fisher, Steven M. Drucker, and A. Christian König, Exploratory Visualization Involving Incremental, Approximate Database Queries and Uncertainty, in IEEE Computer Graphics and Applications, IEEE, July 2012.
- Danyel Fisher, Igor Popov, Steven M. Drucker, and mc schraefel, Trust Me, I'm Partially Right: Incremental Visualization Lets Analysts Explore Large Datasets Faster, in Proceedings of the 2012 Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI 2012), ACM Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems, 5 May 2012.
- Danyel Fisher, Rob DeLine, Mary Czerwinski, and Steven Drucker, Interactions with Big Data Analytics, in ACM Interactions, ACM, May 2012.
- Johannes Kopf, Wolf Kienzle, Steven Drucker, and Sing Bing Kang, Quality Prediction for Image Completion, in ACM Transactions on Graphics (Proceedings of SIGGRAPH Asia 2012), vol. 31, no. 6, 2012.
- Danyel Fisher, Incremental, Approximate Database Queries and Uncertainty for Exploratory Visualization, in IEEE Symposium on Large Data Analysis and Visualization, IEEE, 23 October 2011.
- Steven M. Drucker, Danyel Fisher, and Sumit Basu, Helping Users Sort Faster with Adaptive Machine Learning Recommendations, in Proceedings of Interact 2011, Springer, September 2011.
- Danyel Fisher, Steven Drucker, Roland Fernandez, and Scott Ruble, Visualizations Everywhere: A Multiplatform Infrastructure for Linked Visualizations, in Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics, IEEE, Salt Lake City, UT, November 2010.
- Petra Isenberg, Danyel Fisher, Meredith Ringel Morris, Kori Inkpen, and Mary Czerwinski, An Exploratory Study of Co-located Collaborative Visual Analytics around a Tabletop Display, in Proceedings of Visual Analytics Science and Technology (VAST), IEEE Computer Society, Los Alamitos, CA, USA, November 2010.
- Uta Hinrichs, Danyel Fisher, and Nathalie Henry Riche, ResearchWave: An Ambient Visualization for Providing Awareness of Research Activities, in Proceedings of the ACM SIGCHI conference on Designing Interactive Systems (DIS), ACM, August 2010.