Teaching computers to understand the visual world
We want to change the way you interact with visual data. We want to make your photos magical, we want to deeply understand images and videos from cameras everywhere: in your phone, on your Xbox, in your fridge, on robots, in cars, anywhere. We want you to be able to find your stuff, answer questions, make fantastic new images. And we do that by inventing new algorithms and thinking of new mathematical models for how images come to be.
J. Margeta, A.Criminisi, D.C.Lee, and N.Ayache, Recognizing Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Acquisition Planes using Finetuned Convolutional Neural Networks, in To appear in Computer Methods in Biomechanics and Biomedical Engineering, December 2015
Nathan Wiebe, Ashish Kapoor, and Krysta M. Svore, Quantum Nearest-neighbor Algorithms for Machine Learning, in Quantum Information and Computation, vol. 15, no. 3&4, pp. 0318-0358, Rinton Press, March 2015
Kevin Schelten, Sebastian Nowozin, Jeremy Jancsary, Carsten Rother, and Stefan Roth, Interleaved Regression Tree Field Cascades for Blind Image Deconvolution, IEEE – Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, 6 January 2015
Kenton O'Hara, Gerardo Gonzalez, Abigail Sellen, Graeme Penney, Varnavas, Helena Mentis, Antonio Criminisi, Robert Corish, Mark Rouncefield, Neville Dastur, and Tom Carrell, Touchless Interaction in Surgery, in Communications of the ACM, December 2014
Yuwang Wang, Baoyuan Wang, Qionghai Dai, Yizhou Yu, and Zhuowen Tu, Action-Gons: Action Recognition with A Discriminative Dictionary of Structured Elements of Varying Granularity, ACCV, November 2014
Join us! Do you love to turn mathematics into code? Do you want to build the future? Then Apply here.
- Fully Articulated Hand Tracking
- ATL Cairo GPSP - Projects Ideas
- Learning to be a depth camera for close-range human capture and interaction
- Sparse Reflections Analysis
- User-Specific Hand Modeling from Monocular Depth Sequences
- Real-Time RGB-D Camera Relocalization
- Real-time 3D Reconstruction at Scale using Voxel Hashing
- Kinectrack: Agile 6-DoF Tracking Using a Projected Dot Pattern
- RetroDepth: 3D Silhouette Sensing for High-Precision Input On and Above Physical Surfaces
Our research page.