This demo version of EasyAlbum is for testing only. It is important to understand that this demo version will not reflect the stability of a shipped Microsoft product.
WARNING: This computer program is protected by copyright law and international treaties. Unauthorized duplication or distribution of this program, or any portion of it, may result in severe civil or criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Automatically detect faces of photos. This is the basis of other features such as face clustering, content based searching, browsing according to people count and region of interest (ROI) detection.
Clustering annotation is one of key features of EasyAlbum. It is proposed to avoid tagging faces/photos one by one. Through clustering, we are trying to group faces/photos that should have the same label, thus we can tag a group of faces/photos in one operation.
Re-ranking includes inter-cluster re-ranking and intra-cluster re-ranking. The basic idea of this feature is to put similar faces/clusters as close as possible, to further reduce the mouse movement distance in the tagging process.
Several semantic features are proposed for the content based search. Given a query photo image, for example, one can search photos that contain similar face, similar cloth colors, or the same people count.
Based on the salient region detection, collage technology gives a compact and pleasant presentation of selected photos.
- Jingyu Cui, Fang Wen, Rong Xiao, and Xiaoou Tang. EasyAlbum: An Interactive Photo Annotation System Based on Face Clustering and Re-ranking. ACM's Special Interest Group on Computer-Human Interaction (ACM SIGCHI) 2007.
- Yuandong Tian, Wei Liu, Rong Xiao, Fang Wen, and Xiaoou Tang. A Face Annotation Framework with Partial Clustering and Interactive Labeling. IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR) 2007.
- Jingdong Wang, Jian Sun, Long Quan, Xiaoou Tang, and Heung Yeung Shum. Picture Collage. IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR) 2006.
- Xiaogang Wang and Xiaoou Tang, A unified framework for subspace face recognition. IEEE Trans. Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (PAMI) Vol. 26, No. 9, 1222-1228, Sep. 2004.
In addition to the prototype of EasyAlbum, we also provide a small sample album for the case that you wouldn’t want to start from your own album. The album contains 221 photos.
- ***Note: current version of EasyAlbum doesn't support 64 bit computer.***
- Operating System: Windows XP (SP2) or Windows Vista. Vista is recommended.
- CPU: 2GHz or higher.
- Memory: 1GB or more.
- Screen Resolution: 1024*768 or higher.
- Other Software: For Windows XP, .NET Framework 3.0 and Windows Desktop Search (WDS) 3.0 are needed. EasyAlbum installer will help to install them.
Please run "setup.exe" for installation.
- About photos in the trial album
The photos in the trial album can only be used with EasyAlbum. Please do not use them for other purposes or distribute them.
- About your photos
When you add tags to a photo in EasyAlbum, it will not be modified unless you choose to export the tags.
Currently EasyAlbum only supports JPEG photo file format (.jpg, .jpeg, and .jpe).
- Install and uninstall of Windows Desktop Search (WDS)
EasyAlbum requires Windows Desktop Search 3.0.
For Windows XP, the EasyAlbum installer can install this for you automatically.
For Windows Vista, WDS is already integrated in the operating system.
WDS will not be uninstalled when you choose uninstall EasyAlbum.
If you want to uninstall WDS in Windows XP, EasyAlbum must first be uninstalled.
- Issues about WDS
Due to a known bug of WDS, we have to replace the “tquery.dll” and "mssrch.dll" in your “windows\system32” folder with new ones. The original ones are backed-up during the installation and will be restored when uninstalling EasyAlbum.
Although extensive of test has been done for the new DLLs with no problems, we will not guarantee their full compatibility with WDS 3.0, since it is impossible to exhaust all possibilities.
- If you have used WDS before installing EasyAlbum
Normally, WDS indexes built previously will not be affected by installing EasyAlbum. This is not guaranteed because of issues stated in the above item.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any issues. You feedbacks are very important to us.