The Search Quality & Cyber-Intelligence Lab (SQ-CIL) brings an inter-disciplinary approach to solving search and Internet services problems: our work often cuts across infrastructure layers and extends out to from the datacenter to the client device to improve the security, reliability, performance and quality of our systems--from scalable search systems and core algorithms for measuring and improving search relevance, to new search interfaces, security models and software architectures.
- Benjamin Livshits and Emre Kıcıman, Doloto: Code Splitting for Network-Bound Web 2.0 Applications, in Foundations of Software Engineering (FSE), Association for Computing Machinery, Inc., November 2008.
- John Platt, Emre Kıcıman, and Dave Maltz, Fast Variational Inference for Large-scale Internet Diagnosis, in The Conference on Neural Information Processing Systems (NIPS), December 2007.
- Benjamin Livshits and Emre Kıcıman, Doloto: Code Splitting for Network-Bound Web 2.0 Applications, no. MSR-TR-2007-159, December 2007.
- Shuo Chen, David Ross, and Yi-Min Wang, An Analysis of Browser Domain-Isolation Bugs and A Light-Weight Transparent Defense Mechanism, in Proceedings of the ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security (CCS), Association for Computing Machinery, Inc., 31 October 2007.
- Emre Kıcıman and Ben Livshits, AjaxScope: A Platform for Remotely Monitoring the Client-side Behavior of Web 2.0 Applications, in the 21st ACM Symposium on Operating Systems Principles (SOSP'07), Association for Computing Machinery, Inc., October 2007.
- Emre Kıcıman and Helen J. Wang, Live Monitoring: Using Adaptive Instrumentation and Analysis to Debug and Maintain Web Applications, in The 11th Workshop on Hot Topics in Operating Systems (HotOS XI), May 2007.
- Shuo Chen, Jose Meseguer, Ralf Sasse, Helen J. Wang, and Yi-Min Wang, A Systematic Approach to Uncover Security Flaws in GUI Logic, in Proceedings of the IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy (Oakland), IEEE Computer Society, May 2007.
- Chad Verbowski, Emre Kıcıman, Brad Daniels, Arunvijay Kumar, Yi-Min Wang, Roussi Roussev, Shan Lu, and Juhan Lee, Flight Data Recorder: Always-on Tracing and Scalable Analysis of Persistent State Interactions to Improve Systems and Security Management, in The 7th USENIX Symposium on Operating Systems Design and Implementation (OSDI '06), USENIX, November 2006.