We work on fundamental as well as practical aspects of security and privacy. In the area of security, we work in authorization logics and access control models, designing secure systems, and cryptographic protocols. In the area of privacy we work on designing practical privacy preserving advertisement systems, formally defining notions of privacy, as well as in designing algorithms that simultaneously provide functional value and guarantee privacy.
Active ongoing projects:
- Authorization and Access Control
- Access control for databases
- FPGA Hardware assisted security
- Noiseless Privacy
- Privacy preserving learning
- Privacy preserving mining
- Privacy preserving advertising
- Paul Pearce, Vacha Dave, Chris Grier, Kirill Levchenko, Saikat Guha, Damon McCoy, Vern Paxson, Stefan Savage, and Geoffrey M. Voelker, Characterizing Large-Scale Click Fraud in ZeroAccess, in Proceedings of the 21st ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security (CCS), ACM – Association for Computing Machinery, 2 November 2014.
- Bimal Viswanath, Muhammad Ahmad Bashir, Mark Crovella, Saikat Guha, Krishna Gummadi, Balachander Krishnamurthy, and Alan Mislove, Towards Detecting Anomalous User Behavior in Online Social Networks, in Proceedings of the 23rd USENIX Security Symposium (USENIX Security), San Diego, CA, August 2014.
- Shayak Sen, Saikat Guha, Anupam Dutta, Sriram Rajamani, Janice Tsai, and Jeannette Wing, Bootstrapping Privacy Compliance in Big Data Systems, in Proceedings of the 35th IEEE Symposium on Security & Privacy (Oakland), San Jose, CA, May 2014.
- Raghav Bhaskar, Saikat Guha, Srivatsan Laxman, and Prasad Naldurg, Verito: A Practical System for Transparency and Accountability in Virtual Economies, in Proceedings of the Network and Distributed Systems Security Symposium (NDSS), February 2013.
- Raghav Bhaskar, Ragesh Jaiswal, and Sidharth Telang, Congestion Lower Bounds for Secure In-network Aggregation, in ACM Conference on Security and Privacy in Wireless and Mobile Networks (WiSec '12), ACM, April 2012.
- Raghav Bhaskar, Abhishek Bhowmick, Vipul Goyal, Srivatsan Laxman, and Abhradeep Guha Thakurta, Noiseless Database Privacy, in Proceedings of the Seventeenth International Conference on Theory and Application of Cryptology and Information Security, ASIACRYPT 2011, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, December 2011.
- Sandeep Karanth, Srivatsan Laxman, Prasad Naldurg, Ramarathnam Venkatesan, J Lambert, and Jinwook Shin, Pattern Mining for Future Attacks, no. MSR-TR-2010-100, July 2010.
- Raghav Bhaskar, Srivatsan Laxman, Adam Smith, and Abhradeep Thakurta, Discovering frequent patterns in sensitive data, in 16th ACM SIGKDD Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (KDD 2010), Washington, DC, USA, Association for Computing Machinery, Inc., July 2010.