Our mission is to develop new technologies that enhance user experience in Internet search and services. We envision how the future might be and create end-to-end solutions that realizes our vision. Through close collaboration with product teams across Microsoft, we seek to bring our innovations rapidly to products that impact the end users.
Computational Education: Emergence of tablet devices, cloud computing, and abundant online multimedia content presents new opportunities to bring computational thinking to education. As part of this theme, our current research focuses on amplifying learning experience from textbooks using computational approach.
WaveFour: Information from social media, news sites, and the internet as a whole abounds. A huge potential exists to leverage this data for enterprise and market insights as well as enabling interesting user applications. The WaveFour project aims to ingest, mine, and analyze such information in order to enable a wide variety of social intelligence applications and provide useful insights by identifying interesting patterns, alerting users to unusual or trending events, allowing ad-hoc, "what if" analysis, and other capabilities.
- Rakesh Agrawal, Maria Christoforaki, Sreenivas Gollapudi, Anitha Kannan, Krishnaram Kenthapadi, and Adith Swaminathan, Mining Videos from the Web for Electronic Textbooks, in 12th International Conference on Formal Concept Analysis (ICFCA), Springer, June 2014
- Soroosh Mariooryad, Anitha Kannan, Dilek Hakkani-Tur, and Elizabeth Shriberg, Automatic Characterization of Speaking Styles in Educational Videos, in International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing, International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (ICASSP), May 2014
- Marios Kokkodis, Anitha Kannan, and Krishnaram Kenthapadi, Assigning Videos to Textbooks at Appropriate Granularity, in ACM Conference on Learning at Scale (L@S), ACM, March 2014
- Rakesh Agrawal, M. Hanif Jhaveri, and Krishnaram Kenthapadi, Evaluating Educational Interventions at Scale, in ACM Conference on Learning at Scale (L@S), ACM, March 2014
- Rakesh Agrawal, Behzad Golshan, and Evimaria Terzi, Forming Beneficial Teams of Students in Massive Online Classes, in ACM Conference on Learning at Scale (L@S), ACM, March 2014
- Krishnan Ramnath, Simon Baker, Lucy Vanderwende, Motaz El-Saban, Sudipta Sinha, Anitha Kannan, Noran Hassan, Michel Galley, Yi Yang, Deva Ramanan, Alessandro Bergamo, and Lorrenzo Torresani, AutoCaption: Automatic Caption Generation for Personal Photos, IEEE Winter Conference on Applications of Computer Vision , March 2014
- Amr Ahmed, Abhimanyu Das, and Alexander J. Smola, Scalable Hierarchical Multitask Learning Algorithms for Conversion Optimization in Display Advertising, ACM International Conference on Web Search And Data Mining, 24 February 2014
- Abhimanyu Das, Sreenivas Gollapudi, and Kamesh Munagala, Modeling Opinion Dynamics in Social Networks, in Proc. of Intl. Conference on Web Search and Data Mining (WSDM), ACM International Conference on Web Search And Data Mining, February 2014
Our group has vacancies from time to time. We are always interested to hear from outstanding researchers: especially recent PhDs, and also established researchers. Contact Us
Visiting Search Labs
- Street Address:
1288 Pear Avenue
Mountain View, CA 94043
Directions and maps ...
- Mailing Address:
1065 La Avenida
Mountain View, CA 94043