Our mission is to develop new technologies that enhance user experience in Internet search and services. We envision how the future might be and create end-to-end solutions that realizes our vision. Through close collaboration with product teams across Microsoft, we seek to bring our innovations rapidly to products that impact the end users.
Computational Education: Emergence of tablet devices, cloud computing, and abundant online multimedia content presents new opportunities to bring computational thinking to education. As part of this theme, our current research focuses on amplifying learning experience from textbooks using computational approach.
- Rakesh Agrawal, Nature of Information, People, and Relationships in Digital Social Networks, no. MSR-TR-2013-115, 1 November 2013
- Nina Mishra, Daniel Romero, and Panayiotis Tsaparas, Estimating the Relative Utility of Networks for Predicting User Activities, in CIKM, ACM International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM), 27 October 2013
- Rakesh Agrawal, Sreenivas Gollapudi, Anitha Kannan, and Krishnaram Kenthapadi, Studying from Electronic Textbooks, in International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM), ACM, October 2013
- Moises Goldszmidt, Marc Najork, and Stelios Paparizos, Boot-strapping Language Identifiers for Short Colloquial Postings, in Proc. of the European Conference on Machine Learning and Principles and Practice of Knowledge Discovery in Databases (ECMLPKDD 2013), Springer Verlag, September 2013
- Abhimanyu Das, Sreenivas Gollapudi, Rina Panigrahy, and Mahyar Salek, Debiasing Social Wisdom, ACM International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, August 2013
- Stelios Paparizos, Entwining Structure into Web Search, in DBRank '13, ACM, August 2013
- Rakesh Agrawal, Sreenivas Gollapudi, Anitha Kannan, and Krishnaram Kenthapadi, Study Navigator: An Algorithmically Generated Aid for Learning from Electronic Textbooks, no. MSR-TR-2013-68, 15 July 2013
- Krishnaram Kenthapadi, Aleksandra Korolova, Ilya Mironov, and Nina Mishra, Privacy via the Johnson-Lindenstrauss Transform, in Journal of Privacy and Confidentiality, vol. 5 (1), July 2013
Our group has vacancies from time to time. We are always interested to hear from outstanding researchers: especially recent PhDs, and also established researchers. Contact Us
Visiting Search Labs
- Street Address:
1288 Pear Avenue
Mountain View, CA 94043
Directions and maps ...
- Mailing Address:
1065 La Avenida
Mountain View, CA 94043