Our mission is to develop new technologies that enhance user experience in Internet search and services. We envision how the future might be and create end-to-end solutions that realizes our vision. Through close collaboration with product teams across Microsoft, we seek to bring our innovations rapidly to products that impact the end users.
Computational Education: Emergence of tablet devices, cloud computing, and abundant online multimedia content presents new opportunities to bring computational thinking to education. As part of this theme, our current research focuses on amplifying learning experience from textbooks using computational approach.
WaveFour: Information from social media, news sites, and the internet as a whole abounds. A huge potential exists to leverage this data for enterprise and market insights as well as enabling interesting user applications. The WaveFour project aims to ingest, mine, and analyze such information in order to enable a wide variety of social intelligence applications and provide useful insights by identifying interesting patterns, alerting users to unusual or trending events, allowing ad-hoc, "what if" analysis, and other capabilities.
- Kshipra Bhawalkar, Sreenivas Gollapudi, and Debmalya Panigrahi, Online Set Cover with Set Requests, in APPROX 2014, Leibniz International Proceedings in Informatics , 4 September 2014
- Rakesh Agrawal, Behzad Golshan, and Evimaria Terzi, Grouping Students in Educational Settings, in ACM SIGKDD International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Minining (KDD), ACM, August 2014
- Abhimanyu Das and Anitha Kannan, Discovering topical aspects in microblogs, COLING, August 2014
- Anitha Kannan, Simon Baker, Krishnan Ramnath, Juliet Fiss, Dahua Lin, Lucy Vanderwende, Rizwan Ansary, Ashish Kapoor, Qifa Ke, Matt Uyttendaele, Xin-Jing Wang, and Lei Zhang, Mining Text Snippets for Images on the Web, KDD 2014, August 2014
- Marios Kokkodis, Anitha Kannan, and Krishnaram Kenthapadi, Assigning Educational Videos at Appropriate Locations in Textbooks, no. MSR-TR-2014-62, July 2014
- Marios Kokkodis, Anitha Kannan, and Krishnaram Kenthapadi, Assigning Educational Videos at Appropriate Locations in Textbooks, in International Conference on Educational Data Mining (EDM), International Educational Data Mining Society, July 2014
- Rakesh Agrawal, Maria Christoforaki, Sreenivas Gollapudi, Anitha Kannan, Krishnaram Kenthapadi, and Adith Swaminathan, Mining Videos from the Web for Electronic Textbooks, in International Conference on Formal Concept Analysis (ICFCA), Springer, June 2014
- Soroosh Mariooryad, Anitha Kannan, Dilek Hakkani-Tur, and Elizabeth Shriberg, Automatic Characterization of Speaking Styles in Educational Videos, in International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing, International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (ICASSP), May 2014
Our group has vacancies from time to time. We are always interested to hear from outstanding researchers: especially recent PhDs, and also established researchers. Contact Us
Visiting Search Labs
- Street Address:
1288 Pear Avenue
Mountain View, CA 94043
Directions and maps ...
- Mailing Address:
1065 La Avenida
Mountain View, CA 94043