Our mission is to develop new technologies that enhance user experience in Internet search and services. We envision how the future might be and create end-to-end solutions that realizes our vision. Through close collaboration with product teams across Microsoft, we seek to bring our innovations rapidly to products that impact the end users.
- Stelios Paparizos gave a keynote at PersDB 2012.
- Rakesh Agrawal served as the Awards chair for SIGMOD 2012.
- Ariel Fuxman served as the Publicity co-chair for SIGMOD 2011.
- Rakesh Agrawal received 2010 IIT-Roorkee Distinguished Alumni Award.
- Krishnaram Kenthapadi, Nina Mishra, and Alex Ntoulas's paper titled Releasing Search Queries and Clicks Privately (co-authored with Aleksandra Korolova) was one of six papers nominated for best paper in WWW 2009.
- Anitha Kannan has received the CVPR 2008 best student paper runner-up for her paper titled Epitomic location recognition (co-authored with K. Ni, A. Criminisi and J. Winn).
- Sreenivas Gollapudi has received the PODS 2008 best paper award for his paper titled Estimating PageRank on Graph Streams (coauthored with Atish Das Sarma and Rina Panigrahy).
- Rakesh Agrawal has received the ICDE 2008 influential paper award for his 1995 paper titled Mining Sequential Patterns (coauthored with R. Srikant).
Past recognitions can be found from our research page.
- Rakesh Agrawal, Nature of Information, People, and Relationships in Digital Social Networks, no. MSR-TR-2013-115, 1 November 2013
- Nina Mishra, Daniel Romero, and Panayiotis Tsaparas, Estimating the Relative Utility of Networks for Predicting User Activities, in CIKM, ACM International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM), 27 October 2013
- Rakesh Agrawal, Sreenivas Gollapudi, Anitha Kannan, and Krishnaram Kenthapadi, Studying from Electronic Textbooks, in International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM), ACM, October 2013
- Moises Goldszmidt, Marc Najork, and Stelios Paparizos, Boot-strapping Language Identifiers for Short Colloquial Postings, in Proc. of the European Conference on Machine Learning and Principles and Practice of Knowledge Discovery in Databases (ECMLPKDD 2013), Springer Verlag, September 2013
- Abhimanyu Das, Sreenivas Gollapudi, Rina Panigrahy, and Mahyar Salek, Debiasing Social Wisdom, ACM International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, August 2013
- Stelios Paparizos, Entwining Structure into Web Search, in DBRank '13, ACM, August 2013
- Rakesh Agrawal, Sreenivas Gollapudi, Anitha Kannan, and Krishnaram Kenthapadi, Study Navigator: An Algorithmically Generated Aid for Learning from Electronic Textbooks, no. MSR-TR-2013-68, 15 July 2013
- Krishnaram Kenthapadi, Aleksandra Korolova, Ilya Mironov, and Nina Mishra, Privacy via the Johnson-Lindenstrauss Transform, in Journal of Privacy and Confidentiality, vol. 5 (1), July 2013
About Search Labs
Visiting Search Labs
- Street Address:
1288 Pear Avenue
Mountain View, CA 94043
Directions and maps ...
- Mailing Address:
1065 La Avenida
Mountain View, CA 94043