The Natural Interaction Research group aims to enrich and reimagine the human-computer interface. Our team explores a wide variety of interaction topics including sensing and display hardware, touch and stylus input, spatial and augmented reality, user modeling, and interfaces for search and social networking.
Congrats to Ken Hinckley for winning the UIST 2011 Lasting Impact award! Read all about the pioneering work recognized by this prestigious award here.
- Meredith Ringel Morris, Andreea Danielescu, Steven Drucker, Danyel Fisher, Bongshin Lee, m.c. schraefel, and Jacob O. Wobbrock, Reducing Legacy Bias in Gesture Elicitation Studies, in ACM Interactions Magazine, ACM, May 2014.
- Roland Aigner, Daniel Wigdor, Hrvoje Benko, Michael Haller, David Lindbauer, Alexandra Ion, Shengdong Zhao, and Jeffrey Tzu Kwan Valino Koh, Understanding Mid-Air Hand Gestures: A Study of Human Preferences in Usage of Gesture Types for HCI, no. MSR-TR-2012-111, 7 November 2012.
- Meredith Ringel Morris, Web on the Wall: Insights from a Multimodal Interaction Elicitation Study , in Proceedings of Interactive Tabletops and Surfaces, ACM, November 2012.
- Brent Hecht, Jaime Teevan, Meredith Ringel Morris, and Dan Liebling, SearchBuddies: Bringing Search Engines into the Conversation, in Proc. ICWSM 2012, Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence, 4 June 2012.
- Mahsan Rofouei, Andrew D. Wilson, A.J. Bernheim Brush, and Stewart Tansley, Your Phone or Mine? Fusing Body, Touch and Device Sensing for Multi-User Device-Display Interaction, in CHI 2012, ACM Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems, May 2012.
- Meredith Ringel Morris, Scott Counts, Aaron Hoff, Asta Roseway, and Julia Schwarz, Tweeting is Believing? Understanding Microblog Credibility Perceptions, in Proceedings of CSCW 2012, ACM, February 2012.
- Andrew Bragdon, Robert DeLine, Ken Hinckley, and Meredith Ringel Morris, Code Space: Combining Touch, Devices, and Skeletal Tracking to Support Developer Meetings, in Proceedings of ITS 2011, ACM, November 2011.
- Shaun Kane, Meredith Ringel Morris, Annuska Z. Perkins, Daniel Wigdor, Richard E. Ladner, and Jacob O. Wobbrock, Access Overlays: Improving Non-Visual Access to Large Touch Screens for Blind Users, ACM Symposium on User Interface Software and Technology, October 2011.
- Hyunyoung Song, Hrvoje Benko, Francois Guimbretiere, Shahram Izadi, Xiang Cao, and Ken Hinckley, Grips and Gestures on a Multi-Touch Pen, ACM Conference on Human Factors for Computing Systems (CHI), 2011, 9 May 2011.
- Daniel Wigdor, Hrvoje Benko, John Pella, Jarrod Lombardo, and Sarah Williams, Rock & Rails: Extending Multi-touch Interactions with Shape Gestures to Enable Precise Spatial Manipulations, ACM Conference on Human Factors for Computing Systems (CHI), 2011, 9 May 2011.