The Internet Services Research Center (ISRC) is a specialized research group, focusing on all aspects of internet services. We see applications moving to the cloud, with Web search posing deep technical challenges, and with mobility, social networks, data mining, and system structures seeing huge changes. We work to accelerate innovations in search and ad technologies, and partner with other parts of Microsoft to rapidly deliver them to our search products, customers, and advertisers.
Microsoft Web N-gram Services
In partnership with Bing, we invite the whole community to use the Web N-gram services. Access petabytes of data via a cloud-based platform to drive discovery and innovation in web search, natural language processing, speech, and related areas. Take advantage of real-world web-scale data, with regular data updates for projects that benefit from dynamic data.
- Ali Mamdouh Elkahky, Yang Song, and Xiaodong He, A Multi-View Deep Learning Approach for User Modeling in Recommendation Systems, to appear in WWW 2015, Florence, Italy, May, 2015.
- Arnab Sinha, Zhihong Shen, Yang Song, Hao Ma, Darrin Eide, Bo-June (Paul) Hsu, and Kuansan Wang, An Overview of Microsoft Academic Service (MAS) and Applications, to appear in WWW 2015, Florence, Italy, May, 2015. (Demo)
- Huan Sun, Hao Ma, Wen-Tau Yih, Chen-Tse Tsai, Jingjing Liu, and Ming-Wei Chang, Open Domain Question Answering via Semantic Enrichment, to appear in WWW 2015, Florence, Italy, May, 2015.
- Bin Bi, Hao Ma, Paul Hsu, Wei Chu, Kuansan Wang, and Junghoo Cho, Learning to Recommend Related Entities to Search Users, in WSDM 2015, Shanghai, China, February, 2015.
- Zhaohui Wu, Yuanhua Lv, and Ariel Fuxman, Searching Locally-Defined Entities, in CIKM 2014, Shanghai, China, November, 2014.
- Hao Ma, On Measuring Social Friend Interest Similarities in Recommender Systems, in SIGIR 2014, Gold Coast, Australia, July, 2014.
- Yang Song, Xiaolin Shi, Ryen White, and Ahmed Hassan, Context-Aware Web Search Abandonment Prediction, in SIGIR 2014, Gold Coast, Australia, July, 2014.
- Hongning Wang, Yang Song, Ming-Wei Chang, Xiaodong He, Ahmed Hassan, and Ryen White, Modeling Action-level Satisfaction for Search Task Satisfaction Prediction, in SIGIR 2014, Gold Coast, Australia, July, 2014.
- Yang Song, Weiwei Cui, Shixia Liu, and Kuansan Wang, Online Behavioral Genome Sequencing from Usage Logs: Decoding the Search Behaviors, in WWW 2014, Seoul, Korea, April, 2014.(Demo)
- Ming-Wei Chang, Bo-June Hsu, Hao Ma, Ricky Loynd, Kuansan Wang. E2E: An End-to-end Entity Linking System for Short and Noisy Text, in #Microposts2014 NEEL Challenge, WWW 2014, Seoul, Korea, April, 2014.
- Yuzhe Jin, Emre Kıcıman, Kuansan Wang, and Ricky Loynd, Entity Linking at the Tail: Sparse Signals, Unknown Entities and Phrase Models, in WSDM 2014, New York City, NY, USA, February 2014.
- Yang Song, Hongning Wang, and Xiaodong He, Adapting Deep RankNet for Personalized Search, in WSDM 2014, New York City, NY, USA, February 2014.
- Xiao Yu, Hao Ma, Paul Hsu and Jiawei Han, On Building Entity Recommender Systems Using User Click Log and Freebase Knowledge, in WSDM 2014, New York City, NY, USA, February 2014.
- Kuansan Wang's Keynote at the Second WWW Workshop on Big Scholarly Data (BigScholar 2015): The Knowledge Web Meets Big Scholars, May, 2015.
- Yang Song's Keynote at the AAAI Workshop on Scholarly Big Data: Knowledge-powered Next Generation Scholarly Search and Recommendation Engines, January, 2015.
- Hao Ma's Tutorial at WWW 2015: An Introduction to Entity Recommendation and Understanding, May, 2015.
- Alex Wade's talk at National Federation of Advanced Information Services Annual Conference (NFAIS 2015): Semantic Search and Proactive Discovery, February, 2015.
- Hao Ma's talk at the Second Workshop on Vertical Search Relevance: Entity Recommendation and Understanding, WSDM 2015, February, 2015.
- Yang Song's talk at Allen Institute for Artificial Intelligence (AI2): Semantic Search and Proactive Discovery, February, 2015.
- Alex Wade's talk at Academic Publishing in Europe (APE2015): Contextual Discovery, January, 2015.
- Alex Wade's talk at International Council on Scientific and Technical Information (ICTSI) meeting: Semantic Search and Proactive Discovery, January, 2015.
- Alex Wade's talk at IEEE Big Data Workshop on Challenges & Issues on Scholarly Big Data Discovery and Collaboration (SBD 2014): Semantic Discovery of Academic Data
- Yang Song's talk at Penn State University: Bing Dialog Model: Intent, Knowledge and User Interaction, March, 2013.