Data Management, Analytics and Services
We are interested in new challenges in data management. Our goal is to help people maximize the leverage of their data assets by providing effective support for data of growing volume, increasing variety and complexity.
We are interested in building a new generation of data management systems to support data that relational database systems cannot handle very well. In particular, we are focusing on distributed in-memory systems for applications that handle big data of increasing complexity.
We are interested in understanding data generated from physical world user activities, especially data associated with location, sensor, social or their combinations. We try to build intelligence from them and help people in real life applications areas, such as urban computing and mobile social networks.
We are interested in analyzing text data, as a large percentage of our data assets is natural language text. We are developing techniques to derive semantic networks automatically from big data and use the semantic networks to understand text data.
- Kai Zheng, Yu Zheng, Nicholas Jing Yuan, and Shuo Shang, On Discovery of Gathering Patterns from Trajectories, in IEEE International Conference on Data Engineering (ICDE 2013) , IEEE, April 2013
- Shuo Ma, Yu Zheng, and Ouri Wolfson, T-Share: A Large-Scale Dynamic Taxi Ridesharing Service, in ICDE 2013, IEEE, April 2013
- Lipyeow Lim, Haixun Wang, and Min Wang, Semantic Query by Example, in EDBT, March 2013
- Dongwoo Kim, Haixun Wang, and Alice Oh, Context-Dependent Conceptualization, in IJCAI, 2013
- Hua Wen, Yangqiu Song, Haixun Wang, and Xiaofang Zhou, Identifying Users' Topical Tasks in Web Search, in WSDM, January 2013
- Kai Zheng, Shuo Shang, Nicholas Jing Yuan, and Yi Yang, Towards Efficient Search for Activity Trajectories, International Conference on Data Engineering, 2013
- Taesung Lee, Zhongyuan Wang, Haixun Wang, and Seung-won Hwang, Attribute Extraction and Scoring: A Probabilistic Approach, in International Conference on Data Engineering (ICDE), , 2013
- E. Cambria, Yangqiu Song, Haixun Wang, and N. Howard, Semantic multi-dimensional scaling for open-domain sentiment analysis, in IEEE Intelligent Systems, 2013
- Zhixian Zhang, Kenny Zhu, Haixun Wang, and Hongsong Li, Automatic Extraction of Top-k Lists from the Web, in ICDE, International Conference on Data Engineering, 2013
- Jingjing Wang, Haixun Wang, Zhongyuan Wang, and Kenny Zhu, Understanding Tables on the Web, in International Conference on Conceptual Modeling, October 2012
- Yue Wang, Hongsong Li, Haixun Wang, and Kenny Zhu, Toward Topic Search on the Web, in International Conference on Conceptual Modeling, October 2012
- Nicholas Jing Yuan, Yu Zheng, Liuhang Zhang, and Xing Xie, T-Finder: A Recommender System for Finding Passengers and Vacant Taxis, in IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering (TKDE), IEEE, September 2012
- Jing Yuan, Yu Zheng, and Xing Xie, Discovering Regions of Different Functions in a City Using Human Mobility and POIs, in KDD 2012, ACM, 12 August 2012
- Ling-Yin Wei, Yu Zheng, and Wen-Chih Peng, Constructing Popular Routes from Uncertain Trajectories, in KDD 2012, ACM, 12 August 2012
- James Cheng, Zechao Shang, Hong Cheng, Haixun Wang, and Jeffrey Yu, K-Reach: Who is In Your Small World , in PVLDB, August 2012
- Ye Yuan, Guoren Wang, Lei Chen, and Haixun Wang, Efficient Subgraph Similarity Search on Large Probabilistic Graph Databases, in PVLDB, August 2012
- Zhao Sun, Hongzhi Wang, Bin Shao, Haixun Wang, and Jianzhong Li, Efficient Subgraph Matching on Billion Node Graphs, in PVLDB, August 2012
- Xueqing Liu, Yangqiu Song, Shixia Liu, and Haixun Wang, Automatic Taxonomy Construction from Keywords, in SIGKDD, ACM, August 2012
- Zhixian Zhang, Kenny Zhu, and Haixun Wang, A System for Extracting Top-K Lists from the Web (demo), in SIGKDD, ACM, August 2012
- Wentao Wu, Hongsong Li, Haixun Wang, and Kenny Zhu, Probase: A Probabilistic Taxonomy for Text Understanding, in ACM International Conference on Management of Data (SIGMOD), May 2012