Context, Learning, and User Experience for Search
The CLUES group sits at the intersection of information retrieval, human computer interaction (HCI), and machine learning.
DEPUTY MG. DIR@DISTING. SCI.
- Jaime Teevan, Dan Liebling, and Walter S. Lasecki, Selfsourcing Personal Tasks, in Proceedings of CHI 2014, ACM, 26 April 2014
- Munmun De Choudhury, Meredith Ringel Morris, and Ryen White, Seeking and Sharing Health Information Online: Comparing Search Engines and Social Media, in Proceedings of CHI 2014, ACM, April 2014
- Jaime Teevan, Meredith Ringel Morris, and Shiri Azenkot, Supporting Interpersonal Interaction during Collaborative Mobile Search, in IEEE Computer, Special Issue on Collaborative Information Seeking, March 2014
- Jaime Teevan, Meredith Ringel Morris, and Shiri Azenkot, Using Physical Signaling to Support Collaborative Mobile Search, in Extended Abstracts of CSCW 2014, ACM, February 2014
- Anne Oeldorf-Hirsch, Brent Hecht, Meredith Ringel Morris, Jaime Teevan, and Darren Gergle, To Search or to Ask: The Routing of Information Needs Between Traditional Search Engines and Social Networks, in Proceedings of CSCW 2014, ACM, February 2014
- Jin-Woo Jeong, Meredith Ringel Morris, Jaime Teevan, and Daniel Liebling, A Crowd-Powered Socially Embedded Search Engine, in Proceedings of ICWSM 2013, AAAI, July 2013
- Milad Shokouhi, Ryen W. White, Paul Bennett, and Filip Radlinski, Fighting Search Engine Amnesia: Reranking Repeated Results, in Proceedings of the ACM International Conference on Research and Development in Information Retrieval (SIGIR), ACM, July 2013
- Karthik Raman, Paul N. Bennett, and Kevyn Collins-Thompson, Toward Whole-Session Relevance: Exploring Intrinsic Diversity in Web Search, in Proceedings of the 36th Annual ACM SIGIR Conference (SIGIR 2013), ACM, July 2013
- Sanjay Kairam, Meredith Ringel Morris, Jaime Teevan, Daniel Liebling, and Susan Dumais, Towards Supporting Search over Trending Events with Social Media, in Proceedings of ICWSM 2013, AAAI, July 2013
- Joel J. Pfeiffer, Jennifer Neville, and Paul N. Bennett, Combining Active Sampling with Parameter Estimation and Prediction in Single Networks, in Proceedings of the ICML 2013 Workshop on Structured Learning: Inferring Graphs from Structured and Unstructured Inputs, June 2013