Context, Learning, and User Experience for Search
The CLUES group sits at the intersection of information retrieval, human computer interaction (HCI), and machine learning.
DEPUTY MG. DIR - DISTING. SCI.
- Daniel J. Liebling and Susan T. Dumais, Gaze and Mouse Coordination in Everyday Work, in Proc. 4th International Conference on Pervasive Eye Tracking and Mobile Eye-Based Interaction, ACM – Association for Computing Machinery, 13 September 2014
- Dan Liebling and Sören Preibusch, Privacy Considerations for a Pervasive Eye Tracking World, ACM – Association for Computing Machinery, 13 September 2014
- Emre Kıcıman, Scott Counts, Michael Gamon, Munmun De Choudhury, and Bo Thiesson, Discussion Graphs: Putting Social Media Analysis in Context, in Intl. Conf. on Weblogs and Social Media (ICWSM-14), AAAI, 2 June 2014
- Fernando Diaz, Michael Gamon, Jake Hofman, Emre Kiciman, and David Rothschild, Online and social media data as a flawed continuous panel survey, 15 May 2014
- Abhimanyu Das, Sreenivas Gollapudi, and Emre Kıcıman, Effect of Persuasion on Information Diffusion in Social Networks, no. MSR-TR-2014-69, May 2014
- Jaime Teevan, Dan Liebling, and Walter S. Lasecki, Selfsourcing Personal Tasks, in Proceedings of CHI 2014, ACM, 26 April 2014
- Munmun De Choudhury, Meredith Ringel Morris, and Ryen White, Seeking and Sharing Health Information Online: Comparing Search Engines and Social Media, in Proceedings of CHI 2014, ACM, April 2014
- Jaime Teevan, Meredith Ringel Morris, and Shiri Azenkot, Supporting Interpersonal Interaction during Collaborative Mobile Search, in IEEE Computer, Special Issue on Collaborative Information Seeking, March 2014
- Yuzhe Jin, Emre Kıcıman, Kuansan Wang, and Ricky Loynd, Entity Linking at the Tail: Sparse Signals, Unknown Entities and Phrase Models, in The 7th ACM Web Search and Data Mining Conference (WSDM 2014), ACM, 24 February 2014
- Jaime Teevan, Meredith Ringel Morris, and Shiri Azenkot, Using Physical Signaling to Support Collaborative Mobile Search, in Extended Abstracts of CSCW 2014, ACM, February 2014