Context, Learning, and User Experience for Search
The CLUES group sits at the intersection of information retrieval, human computer interaction (HCI), and machine learning.
DEPUTY MG. DIR - DISTING. SCI.
- Emre Kıcıman and Matthew Richardson, Towards Decision Support and Goal Achievement: Identifying Action-Outcome Relationships from Social Media, in Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (KDD), ACM – Association for Computing Machinery, August 2015.
- Justin Cheng, Jaime Teevan, Shamsi T. Iqbal, and Michael S. Bernstein, Break It Down: A Comparison of Macro- and Microtasks, ACM Conference on Human Factors for Computing Systems (CHI), April 2015.
- Emre Kıcıman, Towards Learning a Knowledge Base of Actions from Experiential Microblogs, in AAAI Spring Symposium on Knowledge Representation and Reasoning, AAAI - Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence, 23 March 2015.
- Dan Liebling and Sören Preibusch, Privacy Considerations for a Pervasive Eye Tracking World, in 4th International Workshop on Pervasive Eye Tracking and Mobile Eye-Based Interaction, ACM – Association for Computing Machinery, 13 September 2014.
- Daniel J. Liebling and Susan T. Dumais, Gaze and Mouse Coordination in Everyday Work, in 4th International Conference on Pervasive Eye Tracking and Mobile Eye-Based Interaction, ACM – Association for Computing Machinery, 13 September 2014.
- Emre Kıcıman, Scott Counts, Michael Gamon, Munmun De Choudhury, and Bo Thiesson, Discussion Graphs: Putting Social Media Analysis in Context, in Intl. Conf. on Weblogs and Social Media (ICWSM-14), AAAI, 2 June 2014.
- Fernando Diaz, Michael Gamon, Jake Hofman, Emre Kiciman, and David Rothschild, Online and social media data as a flawed continuous panel survey, 15 May 2014.
- Abhimanyu Das, Sreenivas Gollapudi, and Emre Kıcıman, Effect of Persuasion on Information Diffusion in Social Networks, no. MSR-TR-2014-69, May 2014.
- Jaime Teevan, Dan Liebling, and Walter S. Lasecki, Selfsourcing Personal Tasks, in Proceedings of CHI 2014, ACM, 26 April 2014.
- Munmun De Choudhury, Meredith Ringel Morris, and Ryen White, Seeking and Sharing Health Information Online: Comparing Search Engines and Social Media, in Proceedings of CHI 2014, ACM, April 2014.