Context, Learning, and User Experience for Search
The CLUES group sits at the intersection of information retrieval, human computer interaction (HCI), and machine learning.
DEPUTY MG. DIR - DISTING. SCI.
- Abhimanyu Das, Sreenivas Gollapudi, Emre Kıcıman, and Onur Varol, Information Dissemination in Heterogeneous-Intent Networks, in Web Science, ACM – Association for Computing Machinery, 22 May 2016.
- Alexandra Olteanu, Onur Varol, and Emre Kıcıman, Towards an Open-Domain Framework for Distilling the Outcomes of Personal Experiences from Social Media Timelines, in International Conference on Web and Social Media (ICWSM), AAAI - Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence, 17 May 2016.
- Munmun De Choudhury, Emre Kıcıman, Mark Dredze, Glen Coppersmith, and Mrinal Kumar, Shifts to Suicidal Ideation from Mental Health Content in Social Media, in CHI, ACM – Association for Computing Machinery, May 2016.
- Munmun De Choudhury, Sanket S. Sharma, and Emre Kıcıman, Characterizing Dietary Choices, Nutrition, and Language in Food Deserts via Social Media, in 19th ACM Conference on Computer-Supported Cooperative Work and Social Computing (CSCW), ACM – Association for Computing Machinery, February 2016.
- Fernando Diaz, Michael Gamon, Jake Hofman, Emre Kıcıman, and David Rothschild, Online and Social Media Data As an Imperfect Continuous Panel Survey, in PlosONE, vol. 11, no. 1, PLOS – Public Library of Science, 5 January 2016.
- Emre Kıcıman and Matthew Richardson, Towards Decision Support and Goal Achievement: Identifying Action-Outcome Relationships from Social Media, in Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (KDD), ACM – Association for Computing Machinery, August 2015.
- Paul Bennett, Alexander Fishkov, and Emre Kıcıman, Persona-ization: Searching on Behalf of Others, in International Workshop on Social Personalisation & Search (SPS 2015), ACM – Association for Computing Machinery, August 2015.
- Justin Cheng, Jaime Teevan, Shamsi T. Iqbal, and Michael S. Bernstein, Break It Down: A Comparison of Macro- and Microtasks, ACM Conference on Human Factors for Computing Systems (CHI), April 2015.
- Emre Kıcıman, Towards Learning a Knowledge Base of Actions from Experiential Microblogs, in AAAI Spring Symposium on Knowledge Representation and Reasoning, AAAI - Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence, 23 March 2015.
- Dan Liebling and Sören Preibusch, Privacy Considerations for a Pervasive Eye Tracking World, in 4th International Workshop on Pervasive Eye Tracking and Mobile Eye-Based Interaction, ACM – Association for Computing Machinery, 13 September 2014.