The client & cloud applications group is chartered with creating systems supporting disruptive end-to-end consumer experiences. These experiences include heavy use of innovative Natural User Interfaces and Cloud-backed Services. Our projects range from creating new applications, to prototyping new devices, to building experimental cloud services, and integrating these multiple components into complete and exciting user experiences.
Would you like to be part of this? We are open to internship applications from graduate students in a variety of areas, including:
- Vision and recognition
- Machine learning and user activity/intent inference
- Security and systems
- Computer architecture
- Earlence Fernandes, Oriana Riva, and Suman Nath, My OS ought to know me better: In-app behavioural analytics as an OS service, Workshop on Hot Topics in Operating Systems (HotOS), May 2015.
- Karin Strauss and Doug Burger, What the Future Holds for Solid-State Memory, in IEEE Computer Magazine, IEEE Computer Society, January 2014.
- Rodolfo Azevedo, John Davis, Karin Strauss, Parikshit Gopalan, Mark Manasse, and Sergey Yekhanin, Zombie Memory: Extending Memory Lifetime by Reviving Dead Blocks, in 40th International Symposium on Computer Architecture, ACM, 27 June 2013.
- Richard Muscat, Karin Strauss, Luis Ceze, and Georg Seelig, DNA-based Molecular Architecture with Spatially Localized Components, in 40th International Symposium on Computer Architecture, ACM, 25 June 2013.
- Tiejun Gao, Karin Strauss, Stephen M Blackburn, Kathryn McKinley, Doug Burger, and James Larus, Using Managed Runtime Systems to Tolerate Holes in Wearable Memories, in The ACM SIGPLAN Conference on Programming Language Design and Implementation, ACM, 18 June 2013.
- Joseph Devietti, Benjamin P. Wood, Karin Strauss, Luis Ceze, Dan Grossman, and Shaz Qadeer, RADISH: Always-On Sound and Complete Race Detection in Software and Hardware, in Proceedings of the 39th International Symposium on Computer Architecture, IEEE, June 2012.
- Hsiang-Ting Chen, Li-Yi Wei, and Chun-Fa Chang, Nonlinear Revision Control for Images, in SIGGRAPH 2011, ACM, August 2011.
- Li-Yi Wei and Rui Wang, Differential Domain Analysis for Non-uniform Sampling, in SIGGRAPH 2011, ACM, August 2011.
- Chongyang Ma, Li-Yi Wei, and Xin Tong, Discrete Element Textures, in SIGGRAPH 2011, ACM, August 2011.
- Emmanouil Koukoumidis, Dimitrios Lymberpoulos, Karin Strauss, Jie Liu, and Doug Burger, Pocket Cloudlets, in ASPLOS 2011 (International Conference on Architectural Support for Programming Languages and Operating Systems, ACM, March 2011.