The Advanced Cloud Technologies (ACT) team, within the eXtreme Computing Group (part of Microsoft Research), aspires to make deliberate, breakthrough innovations pushing the state of the art in cloud technologies. Our focus ranges across programming model and distributed runtime environment enabling rapid cloud-scale development, intelligent management solutions to push adaptive optimizations and cost-efficiency, system software development to reduce operation costs and increase performance.
- Isabelle Stanton and Gabriel Kliot, Streaming Graph Partitioning for Large Distributed Graphs, in 18th ACM SIGKDD Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, ACM, August 2012
- Mohamed Sarwat, Sameh Elnikety, Yuxiong He, and Gabriel Kliot, Horton: Online Query Execution Engine for Large Distributed Graphs (Demo Track), in ICDE 2012: 28th IEEE International Conference on Data Engineering, April 2012
- Isabelle Stanton and Gabriel Kliot, Streaming Graph Partitioning for Large Distributed Graphs, no. MSR-TR-2011-121, 8 November 2011
- Brian Guenter, Navendu Jain, and CJ Williams, Managing Cost, Performance, and Reliability Tradeoffs for Energy-Aware Server Provisioning, in 30th IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM), IEEE Communications Society, 10 April 2011
- Sergey Bykov, Alan Geller, Gabriel Kliot, James Larus, Ravi Pandya, and Jorgen Thelin, Orleans: A Framework for Cloud Computing, no. MSR-TR-2010-159, 30 November 2010