Security and Cryptography
The MSR-T Security & Cryptography group does applied research in systems security and cryptography.
- Benjamin Dowling, Douglas Stebila, and Greg Zaverucha, ANTP: Authenticated NTP Implementation Specification, no. MSR-TR-2015-19, 27 February 2015.
- Zheng Dong, Kevin Kane, and L. Jean Camp, Phishing in Smooth Waters: The State of Banking Certificates in the US, in Proceedings of TPRC42, the Research Conference on Communication, Information and Internet Policy, SSRN, 13 September 2014.
- Armando Faz-Hernandez, Patrick Longa, and Ana Sanchez, Efficient and Secure Algorithms for GLV-Based Scalar Multiplication and their Implementation on GLV-GLS Curves (Extended Version), in Journal of Cryptographic Engineering, Springer, 4 September 2014.
- Joppe Bos, Craig Costello, Patrick Longa, and Michael Naehrig, Specification of Curve Selection and Supported Curve Parameters in MSR ECCLib, no. MSR-TR-2014-92, 27 June 2014.
- Craig Costello, Alyson Deines-Schartz, Kristin Lauter, and Tonghai Yang, Constructing Abelian Surfaces for Cryptography via Rosenhain Invariants, no. MSR-TR-2014-78, 3 June 2014.
- Craig Costello, Huseyin Hisil, and Benjamin Smith, Faster Compact Diffie-Hellman: Endomorphisms on the x-line, in EUROCRYPT 2014, Springer Verlag, 11 May 2014.
- Tolga Acar, Cedric Fournet, and Dan Shumow, Cryptographically Verified Design and Implementation of a Distributed Key Manager, no. MSR-TR-2014-48, 15 April 2014.
- Patrick Longa and Francesco Sica, Four-Dimensional Gallant-Lambert-Vanstone Scalar Multiplication (Full version), in Journal of Cryptology, Springer, April 2014.
- Tolga Acar and Lan Nguyen, High Assurance Policy-Based Key Management at Low Cost, no. MSR-TR-2014-49, April 2014.
- Armando Faz-Hernandez, Patrick Longa, and Ana H. Sanchez, Efficient and Secure Methods for GLV-Based Scalar Multiplication and their Implementation on GLV-GLS Curves, in RSA Conference Cryptographers' Track (CT-RSA 2014), Lecture Notes in Computer Science, February 2014.
- Joppe W. Bos, Craig Costello, Patrick Longa, and Michael Naehrig, Selecting Elliptic Curves for Cryptography: An Efficiency and Security Analysis, no. MSR-TR-2014-19, February 2014.
- Tolga Acar, Lan Nguyen, and Greg Zaverucha, A TPM Diffie-Hellman Oracle, no. MSR-TR-2013-105, 10 October 2013.
- Joppe W. Bos, Craig Costello, and Michael Naehrig, Exponentiating in Pairing Groups, in Selected Areas in Cryptography 2013 (SAC 2013), Springer, August 2013.
- Joppe W. Bos, Craig Costello, Huseyin Hisil, and Kristin Lauter, Fast Cryptography in Genus 2, in Eurocrypt 2013, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, May 2013.
- Diego F. Aranha, Paulo S.L.M. Barreto, Patrick Longa, and Jefferson E. Ricardini, The Realm of the Pairings (Invited Paper), in Selected Areas in Cryptography (SAC 2013), Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 2013.
- Patrick Longa and Francesco Sica, Four-Dimensional Gallant-Lambert-Vanstone Scalar Multiplication, in Advances in Cryptology - ASIACRYPT 2012, Springer Verlag, December 2012.
- Taesoo Kim, Marcus Peinado, and Gloria Mainar-Ruiz, StealthMem: System-Level Protection Against Cache-Based Side Channel Attacks in the Cloud, in Proceedings of the 21st USENIX Security Symposium, USENIX, August 2012.
- Weidong Cui, Marcus Peinado, Zhilei Xu, and Ellick Chan, Tracking Rootkit Footprints with a Practical Memory Analysis System, in Proceedings of the 21st USENIX Security Symposium, USENIX, August 2012.
- Gurleen Grewal, Reza Azarderakhsh, Patrick Longa, Shi Hu, and David Jao, Efficient Implementation of Bilinear Pairings on ARM Processors, in Conference on Selected Areas in Cryptography (SAC 2012), Springer Verlag, July 2012.
- Jonathan Valamehr, Melissa Chase, Seny Kamara, Andrew Putnam, Dan Shumow, Vinod Vaikuntanathan, and Timothy Sherwood, Inspection Resistant Memory: Architectural Support for Security from Physical Examination, in Proceedings of ISCA 2012., ISCA, June 2012.
- Zhi Hu, Patrick Longa, and Maozhi Xu, Implementing 4-Dimensional GLV Method on GLS Elliptic Curves with j-Invariant 0, in Journal of Designs, Codes and Cryptography, Springer, June 2012.
- Tolga Acar, Dan Shumow, Kristin Lauter, and Michael Naehrig, Affine Pairings on ARM, in Pairing 2012, Springer Verlag, 17 May 2012.
- Úlfar Erlingsson, Marcus Peinado, Simon Peter, and Mihai Budiu, Fay: Extensible Distributed Tracing from Kernels to Clusters, in ACM Symposium on Operating Systems Principles (SOSP), ACM, October 2011.
- Lan Nguyen and Tolga Acar, Homomorphic Proofs and Applications, in Public Key Cryptography (PKC 2011), International Association for Cryptologic Research, 6 March 2011.
- Craig Costello, Kristin Lauter, and Michael Naehrig, Attractive Subfamilies of BLS Curves for Implementing High-Security Pairings, in Progress in Cryptology -- INDOCRYPT 2011, Lecture Notes in Computer Science 7107, Springer Verlag, 2011.
- Craig Costello and Kristin Lauter, Group Law Computations on Jacobians of Hyperelliptic Curves, in Selected Areas in Cryptography, Springer, 2011.
- Tolga Acar, Karen Easterbrook, and Brian LaMacchia, Implementing Fiber-based Steganography for Pairings, International Association for Cryptologic Research, 17 August 2010.
- Tolga Acar, Mira Belenkiy, Lan Nguyen, and Carl Ellison, Key Management In Distributed Systems, no. MSR-TR-2010-78, 17 June 2010.
- Tolga Acar, Mira Belenkiy, Mihir Bellare, and David Cash, Cryptographic Agility and its Relation to Circular Encryption, in EUROCRYPT 2010, Springer Verlag, May 2010.
- Daniel Shumow and Peter L. Montgomery, Side Channel Leakage Profiling in Software, in Workshop Proceedings COSADE 2010 First International Workshop on Constructive Side-Channel Analysis and Secure Design, http://www.cased.de/en.html, 4 February 2010.
- Tolga Acar and Dan Shumow, Modular Reduction without Pre-computation for Special Moduli, 2010.
- Kevin Kane and Blair Dillaway, Cyclotron: A Secure, Isolated, Virtual Cycle-Scavenging Grid in the Enterprise, in Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience, Wiley, August 2009.
- Mira Belenkiy, Jan Camenisch, Melissa Chase, Markulf Kohlweiss, Anna Lysyanskaya, and Hovav Shacham, Randomizable Proofs and Delegatable Anonymous Credentials, in CRYPTO 2009, Springer Verlag, August 2009.
- Mira Belenkiy, Melissa Chase, Markulf Kohlweiss, and Anna Lysyanskaya, Compact E-Cash and Simulatable VRFs Revisited, in Pairing 2009, Springer Verlag, August 2009.
- Kevin Kane and Blair Dillaway, Cyclotron: a secure, isolated, virtual cycle-scavenging grid in the enterprise, in Proceedings of the 6th International Workshop on Middleware for Grid Computing, Association for Computing Machinery, Inc., 1 December 2008.
PRINCIPAL SDE LEAD
PRINCIPAL LEAD PROGRAM MANAGER
DIRECTOR, SECURITY & CRYPTO
PROGRAM MANAGER II
PRINCIPAL PROGRAM MANAGER
- Benjamin Dowling, Queensland University of Technology
- Michael Wesolowski, University of Waterloo
- Zheng Dong, Indiana University Bloomington