Microsoft SIGCSE 2012 Sweepstakes Event Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
NOTE: It is your sole responsibility to review and understand your employer’s policies regarding your eligibility to participate in trade promotions. If you are participating in violation of your employer’s policies, you may be disqualified from entering or receiving prizes. Microsoft disclaims any and all liability or responsibility for disputes arising between an employee and their employer related to this matter, and prizes will only be awarded in compliance with the employer’s policies.
START AND END DATES
This Sweepstakes starts at 8:00 A.M., Eastern Time, on March 1, 2012, and ends at 12:00 P.M., Eastern Time, on March 3, 2012 (“Entry Period”). The Entry Period will consist of multiple Prize Periods, one at the start of each of the two demo session held each day of the Entry Period.
Entries must be received within the Entry Period to be eligible.
You are eligible to enter if you meet the following requirements at time entry:
- You are a registered attendee of SIGCSE 2012; and
- You are NOT a resident of any of the following countries: Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria.
- NOTE: U.S. export regulations prohibit the export of goods and services to Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria. Therefore, residents of these countries/regions are not eligible to participate.
- You are NOT event exhibitor support personnel; and
- You are NOT an employee of Microsoft Corporation, or an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary; and
- You are NOT an immediate family (parent, sibling, spouse, child) or household member of a Microsoft employee, an employee of a Microsoft subsidiary, or any person involved in any part of the administration and execution of this Sweepstakes.
- NOTE: If you are a public sector employee (including education), all prize awards will be awarded directly to your public sector organization and subject to receipt of a gift letter signed by your educational institution's ethics officer, attorney, or designated executive/office responsible for your organization’s gifts/ethics policy. Microsoft seeks to ensure that by offering items of value at no charge in promotional settings it does not create any violation of the letter or spirit of the customer's/entrant’s applicable gifts and ethics rules.
This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law.
HOW TO ENTER
You can enter by visiting the Microsoft booth and completing all of the registration requirements including dropping your business card into a fishbowl or collecting an entry ticket.
We will accept only one (1) entry(ies) per entrant. We are not responsible for entries that we do not receive for any reason, or for entries that we receive but are not decipherable for any reason.
We will automatically disqualify:
- Any incomplete or illegible entry; and
- Any entries that we receive from you that are in excess of the entry limit described above.
WINNER SELECTION AND PRIZES
We will randomly select winners of the prizes designated below on or around the end of each Prize Period.
- Four (4) A Windows Phone. Approximate Retail Value (ARV) US$400.00
- One (1) A Gadgeteer kit. Approximate Retail Value (ARV) US$300.00
- Three (3) Kinect for Windows sensor*. Approximate Retail Value (ARV) US$300.00
*If Kinect for Windows sensor is not available in the winner’s country of residence, an alternate prize of equal or greater value will be substituted.
- Three (3) books related to Programming languages. Approximate Retail Value (ARV) US$ 30.00
The total Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of all prizes: US$2,890.00
We will only award one (1) prize(s) per person during the Entry Period.
NOTE: If you are a public sector employee (including education), your prize will be awarded directly to your public sector employer. Further, the winning employer’s CFO or other senior executive is responsible for determining any prize distribution within the winning institution in accordance with its policies. We will not be responsible for any disputes arising between individual employees and their respective employers. If a prize is considered a personal use item, an alternate government use prize of equal or greater value will be substituted.
Winners will be selected and notified at the event. If you do not claim a prize at the event, we will send you prize claim instructions using the contact information you provided at time of entry.
Taxes on the prize, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winner. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. No substitution, transfer, or assignment of prize permitted, except that Microsoft reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event the offered prize is unavailable. Prize winners may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release and W-9 tax form or W-8 BEN tax form within 10 days of notification. In addition, if you are a public sector employee (including education), we will require you to sign and return a gift letter signed by your educational institution’s ethics officer or attorney. If a selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim a prize, or fails to return the Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release or W-8 BEN form, the selected winner will forfeit their prize and an alternate winner will be selected. Your odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries we receive. In the event of a dispute all decisions of Microsoft are final.
By entering this Sweepstakes you agree:
- To abide by these Official Rules; and
- To release and hold harmless Microsoft and its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees, and agents from any and all liability or any injury, loss, or damage of any kind arising from, or in connection with, this Sweepstakes or any prize won; and
- That by accepting a prize, Microsoft may use your proper name and state of residence online and in print, or in any other media, in connection with this Sweepstakes, without payment or compensation to you, except where prohibited by law.
WINNERS LIST AND SPONSOR
We will post the names of winners who received a prize worth US$25.00 or more online at research.microsoft.com/sigcse2012. This list will remain posted one month after March 3, 2012.
This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052.
At Microsoft, we are committed to protecting your privacy. Microsoft uses the information you provide to notify prize winners, and to send you information about other Microsoft products and services, if requested by you. Microsoft will not share the information you provide with third parties without your permission except where necessary to complete the services or transactions you have requested, or as required by law. Microsoft is committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Your personal information is never shared outside the company without your permission, except under conditions explained above.
If you believe that Microsoft has not adhered to this statement, please notify us by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to remedy the situation.