Principles of Programming Languages 2013
January 23–25, 2013 | Rome, Italy
Every year, Microsoft Research presents substantial awards to thousands of faculty and students all over the world. Our award programs ensure that our research is amplified by collaboration with leading academics, who are essential to the future of scientific discovery. Our fellowships and grants help foster the next generation of researchers and scientists to ensure that new professionals are constantly contributing to research and advancements in computer science. Our programs include:
- Collaborative partnerships with more than 150 universities worldwide in all realms of computing—valued between US$20,000 and $500,000.
- SEIF Awards of US$25,000 to $70,000 have funded 32 software engineers over each of the past two years. Applications for 2013 awards close on January 25, 2013.
- Faculty Fellowships are awarded globally at a value of up to US$100,100 for two years. Eight Fellowships were awarded in 2011.
- PhD Fellowships support graduate students around the world in various capacities.
- Internships are awarded annually to more than 300 students at all Microsoft Research labs.
- Summer schools inspire and educate young scientists around the world about cutting-edge computer science topics.
- ACM Student Research Contest provides travel funding and prizes to 16 major conferences annually for more than 200 students.
- Conference sponsorships and support bring together computer scientists from all over the world.
- Specialized summits and workshops on key areas, such as cloud computing and eScience, build communities and provide a forum for the exchange of ideas.